Looking for Inspiration...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bought this frame but the cup holder was missing and I can't find the part. Long story short I got a partial refund but now the frame has a big gaping hole. Any ideas? I was thinking of making a cap and use the area inside for storage. Maybe a stained wooden cap? I need ideas and I don't own a welder.
se5ehera.jpg

I LIKE BIKES

well in a situation like this you have several ideas i can think of,
one would be use a piece of old screen and bondo and make a cupholder built into the top.
or the other one, which i think would look better, would be take a piece of wood and mount some hinges to it and the frame if possible.
then cut a cuphlder hole in the wood and then take some old school padding(ii think it's called tuck n roll but uncertain0 and cover it in that .
kinda gives it a cool old school look yet does what it was supposed to do
a third idea would be the wood idea but only cover it in diamond plating and maybe mount a speedo in the wood like the road kings have on their tanks.
you've come tot he right place for inspiration i always come here to get ideas and inspiration.
Sean

I'm digging the diamond plate idea! I was thinking of using pipe clamps attached to the lid. That way the top just pops on or off, I'd coat the clamp in plastikote so it doesn't scratch the frame.

I LIKE BIKES

I'd try to strap some kinda weird stuffed animal in there with a rubber ducky and some white fluff, b/c the whole thing looks like a danged bubble bath to me.

I'd find a junk motorcycle/dirtbike tank at the salvage yard (probably cost less than $1), cut the top off to match the shape of the frame, drill a couple holes and screw it right on there. Maybe even take the time to leave 1/2" extra all around when you cut it, then make some relief cuts and bend those pieces under to make a flange so it sits on top of the frame instead of over or in it. Not sure if me describing the process makes any sense, though. Basically the equivalent of a frame tank half from a normal bike, but for the top.

Latest posts

Back