• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for some Schwinn parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been off and on tinkering with this. I am in the prosses of D rusting the chrome bits. but sadly I don't think I can save . the chrome on the Schwinn rims.šŸ˜¢ so if any one has a nicer set to sell me. that would be sweet. I am al so after a rear WeinMann caliper brake & red dot lever.

Attachments

• DSC03228.JPG
    DSC03228.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC03227.JPG
    DSC03227.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03229.JPG
    DSC03229.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
In my opinion, you would be better off finding a set of standard 26 x 1 3/8 wheels from a Raleigh or something similar. Then you would have access to many styles of tires instead of having to source the Schwinn size for the S5/S6 rims.

In my opinion, you would be better off finding a set of standard 26 x 1 3/8 wheels from a Raleigh or something similar. Then you would have access to many styles of tires instead of having to source the Schwinn size for the S5/S6 rims.
plenty of new repop / re made tires in all black , white wall and tan wall. for sale on ebay in the Schwinn S5/S6 size. that's not the issue. it's finding the rims not already attached to a hole Schwinn bike. I just need rims. if I buy a hole other Schwinn for the rims. I will maybe want to keep the hole new to me bike!šŸ˜œ

My apologies. They are labeled Sturmey archer. So I think they are EA3 not S5/6. And they are actually more rusty than I thought. I do have a decent set of 27inch rims.

Those are 26 inch 3 speed correct, Think I can help Also do you know the number for the back brake? It will take me some time to find the wheels
26 x 1 1/4 tires no rear brake caliper. it's 3Speed coaster brake. but front caliper stamped winmann LS2.8

I usually trawl the local thrift stores for parts bikes. Been known to pick up the random Raleigh
for rims and Sturmey Archer parts. Sometimes a good seat shows up as well. But I know how it
is when we're going for the totally original. It's just gotta be... totally original. It's out there and
you'll find what you're looking for. Best of luck with the search.

Latest posts

Back