looking for the grail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK...

first, i am doing my best to edumacate myself on, and memorize all of the minutae and esoterica of every bicycle make and model made across the planet over the last century and a half or so....

but, i am trying to eat and sleep and remember to feed to dogs every other day or so, and it is way too nice now that spring is in swing in pennsylvania, to keep glued to the internet 24/7....

so here's how it goes.... i keep tripping across all of these bikes in my travels. and some i will buy solely on my personal aesthetic whim, and some i will buy cause they look like good donors, etc...

but i would like to be able to make a more educated decision on some of what i find, partly on principle, partly on account of my dislike of getting ripped off, partly on account of most people who are selling "this old bike" don't have a clue what it really is either...

what would be awesome to know is

IF THERE IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF BICYCLE PHOTO/I.D. SITES OUT THERE,

that i haven't found yet....
my bossman will happily lend me his iphone to access the internet, but i rarely have the time to take a pic, post it, get a response and then make a decision about a bike... as i have already asked alot of my bossman to get him to stop at "are you kidding me? how many stops are you gonna want to make? I mean we have to get some (expletive) work done today!?" another bike along side the road....

mebbe i'm just dreaming, or just hopeful, or whatever.... any help would be appreciated

thanks,

alex

Back