Louisville Cycle Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as much as I want to get this thing painted nice and shiny I need to move and its way easier to move a whole bike than a box of parts. Im just building it up and ready to ride it. The frame is fixed now and I built the rear wheel. Unfortunately my Louisville Belknap Hardware tires dont fit on the new rims but you cant ever go wrong with Maxxis Holy Rollers. I managed to get the brake and the cog put on the wheel and cold set the frame so it would fit.
klunk2_zps3f476445.jpeg

klunk1_zps7de546bd.jpeg

Got the grips on this thing today. Since Im keeping it ratty for now i am going to use the ratty original Oakley grips I have. I also cut the moto bars down 2.5 inches on each side since they are wginormous.
klunk3_zps0de3c9cf.jpeg

I also go half the bottom bracket done. I need to locate another bearing. Luckily for me whenever another local bike shop goes under my work ends up buying left over stuff and tools. This equation has led to an endless supply of skiptooth master links and because of that I installed the chain today too. The 3 piece bmx crank is newer technology on the old bike but I feel I would bend something else. It also still gives me the option of the OG sprocket. Also pulled out the NOS Odyssey triple traps.
klunk4_zps27524008.jpeg

heres the whole thing as it sits today. I need to find my AS seatpost bolt.
klunk5_zps86b95d49.jpeg

The original paint for sure is growing on me. I just used the standard bolt that threads into the crank arm and ran it through the hole where a 1 piece crank would hold it. There were no issues there. Just like any sprocket on the 19mm spindle I did have to use a sprocket washer.

I actually got to ride the sucker today. I couldnt find one of the crank bolts but i said screw it. It ruled. now to work out the kinks before i take it to the trail

Dreamy klunker. The 8sp nexus will help you haul all that iron up the hills.

Back