Low budget boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this Elgin from Rusty513 and played around with it today. I cut the bars about 8 inches in on each side, the curves will be cut out and the ends will be rewelded in the position shown. I would like to find a prewar large spring seat, but cheap. Other than that this is pretty much how it will look when finished, maybe some white tires and grips.

bikes092.jpg

bikes093.jpg

go figure, i'm using the same seat on my boardtrack build and i'm mounting it almost the same way!

I'm only using the red/white seat if I can't find a prewar saddle. The original paint/ patina is staying, I might let the thing sit out in the rain when it's done for even more character :)

just the way i lke 'em. i like the bars as is, short. wrap the ends with black cloth tape and go. that's a big sprocket, tough pedaling i bet.

Picked up some fat franks from rusty513, gave up on finding brown tires. Also have a brown hairpin saddle on the way from dingo. All I need to do now is get the bars welded up, find a drop stem, and maybe some nicer block pedals.
bikes111.jpg

Got my seat from dingo the other day, but it was just too shiny and new. I took all of the rivets out of the leather, lightly sanded and saddle soaped it, and reassembled it. I like the old weathered look a lot better.
bikes114.jpg

It was a spammer, all gone now. I might do something with the seat to make it sit back farther, I just don't like the looks of it in the proper position.
bikes084-1.jpg

Now after watching the videos you and skoda put up I wanna make this thing a motorized boardtracker. So much for keeping this low budget :roll:
rs2.jpg

Back