Low rider! First build. going good, a little late:P

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my first build, and im making a lowrider :D the bike started off as my nabors he didnt want anymore it waas this off brand bike called "bling bling" it had no handle bars when i got it the seat was torn apart and parts were all rusted and the back finder was bent out of shape and the front fender was missing... first build and about 3 weeks new to this website so i thought i would show it on here but im a little late :| heres what ive done :mrgreen:

The original bike minus the front fed\nder good seat and handlebars
0003867520588_500X500.jpg

ive painted the bike a glossy cherry red and left the springer chrome along with the fender 8)
more to come tonight......

creativeconner11 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Another one from Omokok!! That frame looks like my '02 Jeremy McGrath Hyper BMX frame.
maybe we could trade up some time, since were so close:)
No problem there. I've got a few collected. I was actually supposed to be in the Kokomo this weekend but it didn't work out.

Chips_Mahoy said:
creativeconner11 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Another one from Omokok!! That frame looks like my '02 Jeremy McGrath Hyper BMX frame.
maybe we could trade up some time, since were so close:)
No problem there. I've got a few collected. I was actually supposed to be in the Kokomo this weekend but it didn't work out.

Hey when you're both in Kokomo you can stop and check out my parts pile.

"Bling Bling"? Oh I remember those! I my Murray built Spectra died in '04, it was about 20 years old I suspect. It was my first bike..still have it resting in piece. I remember when we were looking for a new bike, Wal-Mart had these and they looked like they were built from the newer Sting-Ray frame if I remember right. If your Bling Bling is about that same style it is circa 2004.

this build probobly wont be in order untill i have everything caught up with what im doing on the site :lol: the seat was all riped apart and had stain all over it cause my nabors dogs :| i put some new foam on the seat and used spray adhesive to hold it down, then i went to walmart and got half a yard of this red, and blue vinyl with this cotton lining on the back for 8 dollars. while i was there i also picked up some paint but ill get to that later :mrgreen: i fastened one end of the vinyl with these little metal clips that were on the seat, then i stretched and pulled to the opposite end and so on until it was even. worked out well for my first time. i just recommend if u have a plastic seat use a REALLY high powered stapler, that are short enough so they wont go through the seat unles you wana add some fancy studs to cover em up like i planed :mrgreen:
1022112129.jpg

nice and comfy :lol:

did the same for a back rest on my new sissy bar. just cut out some wood and glued foam down then stapled :)
1105111044.jpg

i added some white and blue fair to the back to match the rest on the bike 8) yeah its ratty looking but isnt this ratrodbikes.com?
1105111045.jpg

whats with all these Kokomo people?!? :D I havent found many on here from the same STATE as I

heres the rest of the bike, then im all caught up and ill be looking for ideas :mrgreen:

ive added a 15 inch tire up front but i need a new one everything's just wobbly :|
downsize_1.jpg

im going to mod this chain gaurd to fit the bike.... if anyone wants this better ask quick ill trade it or give it for a fair price :?:
downsize.jpg

added these nice glitery Schwinn grips :D
1105111136.jpg

ive got a sweet idea for some custom pedals if it dosent work out ill be looking for some :)
1105111137b.jpg

how do i get this rust off ( farley easy way please) :?: :?:
downsize-1.jpg

glossy red paint, i added one coat of white rustolium primer. then 2 coats f the glossy cherry red i will be adding more clear gloss soon though 8)
1105111218.jpg

need a new rubber for my springer anyideas where to buy one, or pm me for a buy? :?: :?:
1105111211a.jpg

Bike looks good so far, as far as the rust on the stem, if you don't want to disassemble it, try spraying some WD-40 into some 0000 steel wool, it will remove the rust and polish the stem at the same time. If the rust is still stubborn, take it apart and soak it in white vinegar for a day or two, then hit it with the steel wool again.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Bike looks good so far, as far as the rust on the stem, if you don't want to disassemble it, try spraying some WD-40 into some 0000 steel wool, it will remove the rust and polish the stem at the same time. If the rust is still stubborn, take it apart and soak it in white vinegar for a day or two, then hit it with the steel wool again.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T
its an honor that you posted on my first build :mrgreen:

creativeconner11 said:
Craiggo said:
whats with all these Kokomo people?!? :D I havent found many on here from the same STATE as I
i didnt realize theres much Kokomo people. lol where r you at? :p
I'm above Madison Wisconsin near Lake Wisconsin. Maybe there aren't that many people from kokomo but it's Kinda silly that four kokomo natives comment all right away hahah

Latest posts

Back