lowered VWs?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my 67 from about 20 years ago

67bug1.jpg

Sold it many moons ago.

Here's mine. Second owner 67. Original interior paint, I repainted the outside myself, over very faded original paint. 2110cc, dual 44 Webers.
r0300253.jpg

r0300251.jpg

r0300249.jpg

r0300254.jpg

100_0724.jpg

the easy way to get it down and still ride good is 2 inch drop spindles cb performance sells them now without much off set. beams will get you a lot lower but the ride will suffer. my 72 squareback sat on the bump stops and would knock over a pack of smokes the skinny way. dang i miss that car

we used to weld adjuster tabs on the beam and flip the torsion bars in teh back... old skool style... :mrgreen:

Not mine but I think it's already been done to it's limit. I could use a hockey puck as a jack stand on this thing.

767855561_ZVijA-O.jpg

And yes it is real and does drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfY_BKyWEfo

Only thing I'd change is put a stereo in it and an antenna on the roof with an orange flag on it to complete the RC car look.

Looks comfortable :mrgreen: Especially because your lieing down to drive :lol: :lol:

Here is my 67 ghia lowerd about 5" ...2-1/2" drop spindles and narrowed beam with torsion adjusters up front and adjustable lowering torion spring plates on the rear.

cars003-1.jpg

2manybikes said:
Here is my 67 ghia lowerd about 5" ...2-1/2" drop spindles and narrowed beam with torsion adjusters up front and adjustable lowering torion spring plates on the rear.

cars003-1.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: DOUBLE CAB?!?!?!?!?!?! 8) can we have pictures of that too i love double cabs :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Sweet bus man, is that an original or a home built?
It is a mostly stock 59 Double Cab...I restored it and built a bigger motor and installed a different transaxle with taller gear ratios but other than that just like it came from the factory in Hanover.
MonarkDcab.jpg

load2.jpg

you now are my favorite person ever on ratrodbikes.com you have a lowered ghia, a 50s double cab and bikes plus you are in my favorite state 8)

That bus is SWEET! And it's good to see it used for a good cause, hauling home bikes :D
I like the seat on the red bike top of the pile, is it for sale?

masterpoop63 said:
you now are my favorite person ever on ratrodbikes.com you have a lowered ghia, a 50s double cab and bikes plus you are in my favorite state 8)
outskirtscustoms said:
That bus is SWEET! And it's good to see it used for a good cause, hauling home bikes :D
I like the seat on the red bike top of the pile, is it for sale?

Thanks for the kind words guys...Not a lot of VW fans in Idaho, something about the lack of a good heater I think :roll:
Come to think of it there aren't very many folks who are into old bikes either :|

I think the seat from the red bike has found a new home already, but I will take a look in the shed.

2manybikes said:
Thanks for the kind words guys...Not a lot of VW fans in Idaho, something about the lack of a good heater I think :roll:
Come to think of it there aren't very many folks who are into old bikes either :|

I think the seat from the red bike has found a new home already, but I will take a look in the shed.

Thanks man, I know what you mean about no heat, I've owned a more than a few air cooled vehicles including a 2 70's bugs (one was parts the other....drive-able parts), 2 buses, a busted up 21 window I got as a project with every window broken, and the camper bus I traded it for, then two Corvairs, a rusty but trusty Monza 110 and a totally rat Greenbriar van.

Here's the Greenbriar I'm going to update the video when my buddy gets me pics when he's finished, he bought it and he's building it up for drag racing! Greenbriar tire fryer.... :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tRogCovQE

I just got a 4 in. narrowed beam and all the tras. stuff for my bus it's a '64 first time I have ever worked on a bus. It" a lot different than a bug. I'll get some pictures up of it soon.

Back