lowrider-turned-drag bike finished.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 20" drag bike finished (it used to be a lowrider). I got the exhaust all welded up and wrapped with header wrap to give it more of a drag bike look.
I'm just waiting on the custom chain guard decals to come in the mail.
I took it for a ride a little while ago and wow, it is a blast!
at 20 mph, it feels like you're going 40 mph because of the lay down style (feet go on the pegs on the rear axle).
drag2.jpg

drag3.jpg

drag1.jpg

drag5.jpg

Looks like fun. a buddy of mine had a brat's lowrider with one of these motors on it. Handled horrible with the bent springer and apes. How's this one ride?

Thats the best looking Bratz bike I have ever seen.
I REALLY like the looks and insanity of this bike.

outskirtscustoms said:
Looks like fun. a buddy of mine had a brat's lowrider with one of these motors on it. Handled horrible with the bent springer and apes. How's this one ride?
well, it rode ok with the stock ape hangers and stock front spring.
But, i got a better quality (a real schwinn) spring and cut 2 coils out of it. This stiffened the front end up quite a bit and lowered it at the same time.
This bike is actually easier to ride with the drag bars than it ever was with the ape hangers.

jaysmo said:
this looks sweet wonder what it would looklike with a 20 stingray occ front fork
nahhh, the frame would have to be raked to make it look right in my opinion, and i'm not going to cut the frame.

kingfish254 said:
Thats the best looking Bratz bike I have ever seen.
I REALLY like the looks and insanity of this bike.
yeah it's a bratz bike that i picked up a few years ago for $30.00.
beleive me it;s a blast to ride like this!
20 mph feels more like 40 mph.
it's a good thing that i'm a little guy (5' 6", 150 pounds)because if was any taller, or heavier, i'd never be able to fit on it ride it.

motopsyco said:
Kewl!, but I'm not racing against this one :shock:
it only tops out at 32 mph.
If i went to a smaller rear sprocket i could probably get 40 mph out of it, but then it would lose some bottom end torque.
since i can't really peddle this thing due to the bottomed out seat, I need all of the bottom end torque i can get to take off with it....lol

Back