Lucy - A Fine English Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, as ReyaOfTheBells mentioned in her intro, watching me tool around basically managed to get her sucked into this vortex of pedal-driven madness.... so, a quick visit to the same old lady who sold me my build-off bike, and we're scampering home with the one that'd caught her eye....

lucy2web.jpg

Meet Lucy..... a lovely and stately Englishwoman with, if I may say so, fine lugs.

lucy1web.jpg

I'm having a hard time tracking down info.... Royal Enfield is much better known for motorcycles than bikes. If anyone has any info it'd be appreciated.

We spent the better part of the day dismantling her, and stripping the old paint..... she's now basically ready for primer. Meanwhile rust removal becomes an issue.

Reya's chosen colors are sage green and dark purple, which looks much better than it sounds. Looking forward to masking off the lugwork.

Incidentally, beneath that cheap vinyl seatcover is a "Cycle-Rite" leather saddle.... now having been reduced by time and the elements to more of a beef jerky saddle. Pity.

Further updates on our joint project as they happen. :)

-St. Septum

I have a Ralieigh ladies with fork just like that.

The fender does too but is missing the chrome finial. My guess Raliegh made it for this motorcycle manf.

DSCF3528.jpg

0807072245.jpg

So, being the research nerd that I am I started checking out around the net for things on the Royal Enfield and come up with NADA!

Most of the information I can find is posted as questions to boards and such saying...
"I just got this bike, it's a Royal Enfield *insert gender*, serial number J000??? and does anyone have any information on it..." Post dated a couple of years ago.

This doesn't make me happy. I like to have a little bit of background on my projects and find that Lucy just aggravates the heck out of me most of the time. *I get called AGGRAVATING, so I guess we are a good pair* Any suggestions on what my next step in find out more about my girl? Elias and I have searched many a night across Yahoo Messenger and find about the same. Nothing.

I found something about my fork last night - AKISU - AKISU Machinery Co - Taiwan - Established year - 1973 - Products: bicycle frame, fork, wheel chairs...

So I might not feel so discouraged... just tired and a little cranky because I am at hour 40 of my 84 hour shift this week.

Back