Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😳👍
IMG_20220613_185702.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
36h Bendix Model K 13 front hub. One of the cones is trashed and the search is on for another. Tried a seller of fleabay who had a used one up for cheap-ish but the cones were trashed. As soon as I find another cone, it'll be the front half of a lightweight Bendix/Araya coaster brake cruiser wheelset.

20220620_092744.jpg

Inside Out.
Tri Diamond bmx 14 tooth freewheels

The one on the right was on a kids bike. The left hand threaded cone un-threaded and dumped the bearings, pawls and pawl spring out. Replaced with the one on the left.

TriDiamond.InSideOut.JPG

Last edited:
36h Bendix Model K 13 front hub. One of the cones is trashed and the search is on for another. Tried a seller of fleabay who had a used one up for cheap-ish but the cones were trashed. As soon as I find another cone, it'll be the front half of a lightweight Bendix/Araya coaster brake cruiser wheelset.

View attachment 197621
yeah, those bendix cones are a problem. Some years ago I found (and lost) someone who regrinds cones. The method is to put the cone on a stubby axle with a locknut in a drill in a vise or drill press, turning at highest speed. Then use a dremel running at full speed with light pressure to hone the spinning bearing surface. Now that you have extras to practice on, give it a try.

Tri-Diamond bmx freewheel that wasn't working well. I took it apart and found it had stray bearings. One jammed in a pawl under the shims. My guess is it was there since assembled at the factory some 20 years ago. The next problem was more stray bearings stuck in the divot that is meant to keep the pawl spring from turning. So 2 photos of the same buggered bike part.
Tri.Diamond.freewheel (2).JPG

Tri.Diamond.freewheel (8).JPG

Latest posts

Back