make an offer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is the conversation. Bla Bla for sale make an offer . Send pm will give you $50 for the part shipped. PM back no I want $65 plus shipping its a one of a kind Bla Bla and no one else has one.....You know one of three things ......what you paid for it......What you want for it .....or what you think its worth.......Stick a price on it. If your too low it will be gone in minutes ,If its too high then nobody will respond. They are just old worn bike parts ...and we all have them laying everywhere. Nobody here is dealing in diamonds .PUT A PRICE :wink:

I'm thinking nobody puts a firm price because they know everybody wants a deal. Just give a starting point and then work to where both are happy ....or not and dont deal...or sell the part. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree. "Make me an offer" means one of two things: the person just wants it gone and will sell it cheap, or the person is using the website as a free auction to fish for the highest bid.

I agree with Uncle Stretch. If you're selling something you can't expect the buyer to name a price. Just put up a price and things are clear on both sides :mrgreen:

i agree its aggravating to me to see "make an offer" stuff, but honestly the worst that could happen is, they say no, its their own fault if they get aggravated by all the lowball offers.

either that or they dont know what they think its worth and want to get the most out of it. especially if theyve lost a job and its going towards bills or something.

honestly the only things i buy off ebay are items listed as buy it now.

Gee I guess I never thought about that. If you tell everybody to make an offer then you sit back and give it a few days and take the highest offer on each item. Kinda like a mini E-bay. Aw man what a ripoff.Ok now I like the make an offer even less. :(

Okay Rat Rod, how about it? Is this a "put a price on it" forum or is this mini ebay? I'd like to see that rule set in stone. Gary

Probably wont happen b607 I am just going to adopt the dont play plan on make an offer listings. Just me though. :wink:

I was on an auto website that had this requirement for listing in the classifieds and it seemed to work well. The thought was, if you wanted an auction put it on eBay, if you wanted to sell to fellow enthusiasts and pass on the enthusiasm put a price on it and list it in the classifieds.

I have another one (of course :roll: ), if someone makes you an offer, have the courtesy to at least respond and say “no” if you're not interested. You might think their offer is "insulting,” but the offering party may not have had that intention, which makes it just as insulting to ignore it.

I'm telling you they sent us so much that the had to send us back to some combat training to get everybody where they would do anything. It was like sensitivity training ...combat training...sensitivity training....combat training. you were so messed up you didnt know whether to fight someone or try to get a group hug.

Back