Malaysia represent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking, reading and stealing ideas that I hope I can use on my own projects. Other than the awesome builds I think this is one of the most matured and civilised forum I found.

I got mostly cheap Chinese bikes for my kids which started the whole bike addiction. All the rideable bikes are for my kids while mine are still in pieces all over the house. I prefer traditional diamond frames than the widely available Y frames. Gonna score me some old British bikes soon and looking forward to more learning experience from everyone here. Will post pics soon.

Cheers!

Welcome. Bikes all over the house? That's my place too, when the wife isn't looking.

Same here Wildcat, parts magically appears around payday...

some pics from the porch/workshop.

The one that started it all. got it used online with faded color and rust spots. My son wont ride it unless it gets painted, so here it is, pearl white. No pic of the current setup with original fork and motocycle type bars with clip ons.
micks-roller.jpg

My daughter's setup. a very unsual frame (though common in the US) with a triple tree fork. 12" wheels, still need to get the rims painted pink - its my 6 year old daughter's ride, so it needs some pink. everytime she sits on it she tells me "this bike is SICK". just scored the red banana sit this weekend.
i got a pink 16" for her but its too big for her now.
nana01.jpg

My 3 year old daughter's ride, she picks the color. this was also used to train my 6 yo to ride - took off the cranks and let her balance for a couple of days.
orange.jpg

A used Tomahawk from the lbs. my son's main ride to show off other kids that cycle through our street. very hard to find chopper style bikes around here. proud of this one. coaster brake, original front tires. might paint it later on - son's been bugging me about his color idea...
Tomahawk.jpg

20" white rat, stuck seat post, nice rider with a heavy frame. in pieces now.
white-rat.jpg

24" mtb now a single speed. still deciding what color to shoot him. i wanted brown but most brown in rattle can is not dark enough and not the brown i wanted.
yoko.jpg

a project for my wife, its a birthday bike bought with cash chipped in by the kids. got it mocked up with apes but wifey wants a diff bar and different color. might get her a new seat and use this one for a different project. sticker and headbadge says it's a japanese made bike - i doubt it. lbs where i got it from tells me its his neighbour's bike, traded in 17 years ago and has been sitting in storage ever since.
geisha.jpg

my latest find. raleigh sport with SA brake hubs (stamped 58 on the front and back). not original paint but with most original parts. its crazy how raleigh stamped all their stuff even down to their spokes. Need lots of work on the hubs and crank and parts are hard to come by.
raleigh-sport.jpg

got a few more frames at the back, nothing special really. thanks for checking my bike out.

Rat Rod said:
Welcome to the forum...that Raleigh is sweet!
Thanks Rat Rod. Lots of work on the Raleigh waiting for me... :lol: parts sourcing gonna be a nightmare on my pocket. I'll post pics in fresh find one of these days.

dhp nm - thanks. not half as awesome as the ones already here.

xddorox - glad i found this place. looking fwd to more of your build.

Galtbacken said:
Welcome! Cool bikes, and that your daughter says "this bike is SICK" is just priceless! :D
yup...! and dude, your build are SICK as well. for me its the execution of your ideas, and the method /path you took to realize it. i can't find appropriate words to comments on your scratch build. keep it up!

Latest posts

Back