Man i been on an old school rap kick...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
I later saw NWA and Erik B & Rakim at a concert in Milwaukee in 1990 I think...
me and my 3 friend must have been the only white guys at that concert. :shock:

Yeah today ninety percent of the people at any rap concert are white People.. Who want to be "Gangsta" lol. Im not like that i dont follow trends, I got my own "Im Ricky I dont give a BLEEP what you think" style. :wink: i have so many more friends this way, Im friends with the punkers, The "gangsta" kids, the jocks, the Cheerleaders :mrgreen: Dorks, Preps, gothics, scene, Druggies.. I can talk to anyone and majority of the time they like me. Although alot of people dont like me, I got one of them personalitys where either were good friends or u wanna kill me. :mrgreen: You gotta know me, When im with my friends im definently the loud one of the group.. Dont ask where this big sch peel came from i just felt like typing i guess idk.

Oh BTW I love Doug E Fresh. He did Ladi Dadi with slick rick. =]

Busta's pretty good, Jurrasic is alright, I HATE WU TANG CLAN.

vanilla_gorilla said:
WU-Tang, the roots, mos def, busta ryhmes, jurassic 5, del...
haha bloodhound gang, i dunno if youll be into them but i got all their albums

i did sound for a some friends. we got a call from the "D"(no not dallas) and were told to fly gotta open spot.(CASH)
got there and we were one of the openers for some rap group wolfpac. :? got in looked around and said
"i really don't think these guys are going to dig the music."
singer says to the man with the clipboard "ummmm you do know we are a punk rock trash metal kind of band right"
turns out wolfpac seen the band before and liked the funky side of the band. two of them were ex- bloodhound gang members.

HUTCH MAN, Thanks, so many good artists. Keep em coming guys! :D Thanks for all thee posts so far.

I was a bit late in catching this one, but the only old-school (pre-Run DMC) so far has been Grandmaster Flash and Slick Rick. The abridged old-school in a roughly chronological order,minus what has already been mentioned.

Kool Herc (good luck finding a recording of anything he did)
Afrika Bambatta (and the Soulsonic Force)
Grandmaster Flash
Jazzy Jay
Grandmaster Caz
Grandwizard Theodore
Jazzy Jeff
Cold Crush
Kid Fresh
Funky Four Plus One
Scott LaRock
KRS-One
Treachorous Three
Whodinni
Sugarhill Gang
LL Cool J

If you want more recomendation based on style or timeframe let me know.

Has anyone said DasEFX? lords of the underground, redman, keith murray (the most beautifullest thing in the world) kidnplay, salt n pepa, MC lyte, JUNGLE brothers, MC Shan, U.T.F.O. MC breed..

I am too white and Nerdy for rap
ganstanerd.gif

Back