Manta ray find! Super clean 84 predator!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7707294718_c96b9aa170_z.jpg

Okay, there's the ray rat as I found it, and I am talking to a guy with a super clean 84 schwinn predator. He's wanting 350$ for the predator, so I was wondering if anyone had a idea of what to ask for cash on a trade? The predator is nice...
488264_278321382273551_1204040789_n.jpg

Re: Manta ray find!

Soapy water and a green scotchbrite pad took every speck of rust off the fender's and didn't dog the chrome :D

Tin Machine is right this my friend this is a major score. I am so jealous wish my Boss had cool stuff like this. Manta's were low production compared to Stingrays. I have seen ones like yours sell on eBay for $500 to $700, super clean originals $1000 to about $1500, silver color being the most rare. Yes it should have the special Manta Banana seat which are rare to find and not usually cheap. I have seen photos of some with regular Banana seats, they work fine and look ok. I personally have only seen Manta rays in person at Kratefest in the bike shops Museum. Good luck and enjoy your treasure.

I honestly just see a $200 -$300 bike there. IMO. Great find. If you had the seat in any shape you could add at least $125 to the price. Thanks, Matt

This bike is awesome! And how would I go about removing the rear tire to replace the tube? To fix the tire, I'm going to glue half of the old tube to the inside of the tire. (I've done it before, works well) the tire is cracked around the side wall, and it's a slick. The front tire is shot, the bead broke so I'll half to but a new tire for it.

I'm talking to a guy, and he has a super clean and complete 84 schwinn predator. Pic of it in a second. I'm wondering what would be a good price for my manta ray to sell it? I've cleaned it up, and put new cables on it. He wants 350 for the predator, so what ammount of cash + the predator would be a good deal for both of us? HELP!

I'd start at $400 + predator you can always go down but that manta would be the prize of someone's collection. Those predators are a dime a dozen. The condition is great but not that rare.

If you detailed and tuned up that Manta, and put the correct seat, or at least a good naner on it, you could get a lot from it on Ebay, then you could buy that or any BMX bike outright if you wanted, plus have cash on top. I'm just saying it sounds like you have quite the find in the Manta, and I wouldn't want you to waste it.

charliechaindrive said:
He fell out of the deal on the manta he said it would be "over 600$ for the missing parts"
He's just trying to get it for nothing, and take advantage of a kid. SHAME... The missing parts? What a seat? Maybe a chain. Would not run $600... No Way, not even close :roll:

He was actually trying to trade a worn out used rc car for it, and a 82 coppertone sidewinder. I can get a traxxas jato for 100$ and it just needs a new battery clip. People like this, kind of make me dissapointed in the world.

charliechaindrive said:
He was actually trying to trade a worn out used rc car for it, and a 82 coppertone sidewinder. I can get a traxxas jato for 100$ and it just needs a new battery clip. People like this, kind of make me dissapointed in the world.

Me too man, I've learned a long time ago to always research any bike you get till you know everything about it before you sell it. And if you can't find anything on it just post it here and ask. Within 24 hours you'll know more than you want to about it. :lol: Also be a tough negotiator and stand your ground. Grind them for every dollar, both selling and buying.

I've personally had bikes that I bought for $20-$40 that having not known I'd have sold cheap and missed out on a several hundred dollar score! Bikes are often under valued or can be haggled into the profit zone easily. I do it all day, every day, and twice on Sunday. :wink:

Latest posts

Back