"Marion"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well....im in :shock:
this isnt going to be a high dollar build(ive set a budget of $20 for new parts in case i need to make something or get bearings)...its basically going to be stuff thats been collecting dust in the shop for a long time.
why "Marion" you ask?
marion16.jpg

Marion Davies is why....
this way i can also refer to this bike either as "Marion" or "The Flying Flapper" :lol:
shes gonna be a fast girl from the jazz age
anyhow.....pics

camelbackandtrickortreat007-2.jpg

wheel002-2.jpg

see you guys at the finish line!

A bike build based on an old film actress?, well I can relate to that!
I'll definetly be following this one!

Wow those wood rims are SUWEEETTTT!!

not to mention Alma, mi isnt too far from me. toooo coool.

SHOE SHOT!

he is gonna shock us all and do an ape hanger bar bike :shock: we want updtate!!!

karfer67 said:
he is gonna shock us all and do an ape hanger bar bike :shock: we want updtate!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:COUGH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:COUGH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big chances that Marion "washes" competition I think :lol:

Builds like this, Kota´s, Doc´s, Gaskill´s and many more are giving me the need for a build you know...

well.....i doubt she'll 'wash' the competition(not in it to win it....just to finally build this is all) but she may be 'hung out to dry'
thanks for the compliments....i did find a spare headset and put the forks back on and should be able to make it to the steel shop on tuesday so updates fairly soon
anyhow.....i forgot to mention that some stuff on the frame didnt come that way....so heres the painting pics

camelback-1.jpg

framescallops-1.jpg

(finished ones a page back)

anything to add Marion?
thepatsy-1.jpg

i guess its a good thing im on vacation this week!

Are ya gonna leave them overlapped like that?....I think you should "cut" them and then butt weld em, just a thought. :roll:

i thought the whole asymmetrical look was what was in right now?

Back