Markm's Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Call of the frame

Excited, anxious, marvelled.. that´s how I feel about this build...
Keep it going Uncle!

Glad you like it so far Gdcast. Its just a tuneup build , may not turn out to be a show stopper. :roll:

Nope and tomorrow will be a day to buy some metal for the stays and pick up some more bandsaw blades and flap disks. My back started hurting too....oh and so far I have missed two naps. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its really not that far away from being finished.

Got the stays bent and welded on. Due to the line of the top tube I had to change the way I normally do my drop outs. They usually go in between the seat stay and the chain stay in the back. I had to match the flow of the top tube with the seat stay and now the drop outs will be on the top of the seat stay. I should be able to come up with something that will look good. Anyway is getting pretty close...not bad for 2 1/2 days worth of work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

triangle002.jpg

It is looking reeeeeally cool. 8)

Now if I lived close enough you'd have student on site for bending, cutting, welding, grinding 101. :lol:

Thanks gold street and Steve ,glad yall like it. Its funny I had that China Schwinn springer on it. I kept measuring things and it looked like something was wrong with my frame. I kept checking and the stupid springer was way off. They have the sideways rod running about 1/4'' out of level and man it threw me off. Can't trust parts anymore. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

amazing what an early cool front will do for a man! :lol: frame is looking very slick! :D glad to see you back building. gimmie a shout if you need any parts,etc. :wink:

Nice Work Uncle Stretch, are you taking students for your next class on tube bending? your work is vey impressive and you make it look easy.

cant wait to see more

Uncle Stretch said:
forget something...Hummm now where did I put those crankie holder things.

Hey Uncle, the frame is looking really good, but if I’m going to learn anything from you, please stop using this highly technical jargon. :p

texasbigjon said:
amazing what an early cool front will do for a man! :lol: frame is looking very slick! :D glad to see you back building. gimmie a shout if you need any parts,etc. :wink:

Will do John. I don't use very many parts, so for right now I'm still covered.

kinks said:
Nice Work Uncle Stretch, are you taking students for your next class on tube bending? your work is vey impressive and you make it look easy.

cant wait to see more

Thanks Kinks. If you mess with this stuff a little you will find the limitations real quick. Tell my old back about the looking easy....that stupid tube roller too a toll real quick on it.

Yeah Fireproof at 60 I forget alot...its mostly where is that stupid black marker and where did my glasses go , but for a tuneup build , just to get back going ,its coming right along. I will try to do better with the tech side of it. ha ha

Looking great!!!
I wish I could bend tubes like that too, my bender is a disaster.
Nothing like the right tool to do it I guess, after a few attempts with my home made machine and zero results, I decided to use my head to get it done... I guess it was not as hard as people said :lol:

Gdcast my roller bender has limitations . Is impossible to do a bend where it goes from a 90 one way to a 90 the other. The tubing deforms so much that you cant do a bend like that. Wish I could build one that would.

Hey Clancy if you want to see a looptail frame ...Spinman has his b-2 posted. That guy did a really good job on the rear triangle. I doubt if I could match his work. :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok got the drop outs built and tacked on. Its starting to look like a bike. Wife got her foot operated on and I'm the post op nurse , so I'm getting nothing done on the frame. She should be better in a few days and I can knock out the rest of this one. Its looking pretty good so far.

standing003.jpg

I am excited to see your builds Paul as I am near building one from scratch myself :) funny how I sent you that chopped up Colson frame oh so long ago and it kinda lead you down this road

As always nice build Uncle Scratch ! That kickstand I've seen before, is turning into your trademark isn't it ? :mrgreen:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the misses.

Hooch said:
I am excited to see your builds Paul as I am near building one from scratch myself :) funny how I sent you that chopped up Colson frame oh so long ago and it kinda lead you down this road

See Hooch I knew there was someone I could blame this madness on. Its all your fault. I have built a bunch of frames, but your influence with the Colson frame was the one that sealed my fate. I have three bikes that will stay here forever , and one is the Colson Clone that I copied after the one you sent me. Still my favorite of all times.
You know the only reason I still build frames is to show everybody how easy this is. There is no reason not to build one. They are easy to build , not too expensive (unless you load it up with expensive parts) and you can design the bike of your dreams.

Ace said:
As always nice build Uncle Scratch ! That kickstand I've seen before, is turning into your trademark isn't it ? :mrgreen:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the misses.

Glad you like it Ace. I was figuring Kota would chime in and be the one to kid me about my 3' kickstand....you took the honors. You would think I would have built a mock up picture stand by now huh? As soon as the wifie gets back on her feet (pun intended) I will knock this one out and it will get a kickstand. Someday I may weld a big hinge on the top tube and use that 3' rusty pipe for a kickstand just for fun.
I noticed you have made lots of changes to your Basman. Its looking good. Seems like it is crying out for black pin stripping. You know I love them. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back