Matte Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on spraypainting my bike tank flat black with some glossy graphics. Is there a clearcoat product or technique that I can use to protect my whole paint job that will keep the flat parts "flat" and the shiry parts "shiny"?

Any clearcoat i've used still has a bit of a shine to it.Really you would be better off leaving it without, as it will make the mat black shine slightly.You could spray the clearcoat from quite far away and give it a very light thin coat, that might help

On the flat paint,coat it with "satin" clear-on the shiney paint,coat it with "gloss" clear.

Try the glossy clear coat in a few layers and then wet sand the parts you want flat with 800 maybe. Might work. Just a thought not that I have ever done it.

Valspar from Lowe's has a satin clear in a spraycan that looks good. I used it on this bike after I partially sanded thru the black to the red undercoat. It has a dull sheen to it. ~Adam
SUNP0030.jpg

Latest posts

Back