(MBBO #05 Class II) Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok then! This frame was in another build off, as Mini-Klunk. I agree it's better as a hotrod!

DSCI0032.JPG

Gassers are lifted fnd spring so loose up front to throw the weight over the rear for launch...
I think u nailed it.
Perfect stem!!! Looks like the spring mounts on that Chev Gasser:113:

Trying to get it done! I found what I thought was the right crank bearing set, but it was a tiny bit larger. If the lock washer holds, good. If not, back to get the spindle for that set.

bearings.JPG

DSCI0017.JPG

Then another snag, I don't have a brake cable long enough for the band brake.

DSCI0020.JPG

And I can't make the 26" fork work, no room for a lockwasher, not enough threads and the head tube is tapered, can't shave off even a quarter inch which is all it needs. So, the 24" fork will go back on. I can't spend any more on it.
I'm keeping my hunt wilde grips, swapped them out with a new pair and added brake handles.
brakes.JPG

There's a neighborhood kid with his sights on it already so I lowered the seat.

DSCI0022.JPG

Chrome fork looks great on this! You're pulling it together, even with all the bumps in the road.

The threads are 1/4 inch too short to use those, it's on there missing the lock washer. I have to go back to the 24" chrome forks which will just make a little difference. They are an inch and a half shorter and are wider. If they look bad, I have one more trick to try on the 26" forks.
DSCI0003.JPG

So, the other forks went back on, but it didn't seem to lower the bike to any degree. Now just to hook up the brakes and that's it! I'm going to use the band brake along with a caliper brake on the rear wheel.

gasser3.JPG

The long fork won't work unless I leave out the lock washer. So the fat one will stay. The bike has to be roadworthy because some kid will be getting this bike in a week or two. The caliper brake didn't reach the rim, so just the band brake is it for brakes. But they are good! A few adjustments and it's ready, but the Super Moon and dinner out near the Bay takes priority tonight.

14nov.JPG

Latest posts

Back