(MBBO Class 1) Orange Enigma

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of frame is that anyway?

Carl. :android:

Hi Carl! It is an old no-brand frame, probably Japanese or Taiwanese which where we in the Philippines get our frames from. Definitely not local because of the brass welds, which locally we don't do. I got it from the junk pile of my bike parts guy, he said it has been sitting there for a couple of decades, no serial numbers nor distinguishing marks. So it's kinda mysterious, hehehe :)

"no serial numbers nor distinguishing marks. So it's kinda mysterious..."
Light-bulb-moment.gif

Orange Enigma!

Here's some updates on my build.

1. Found this plastic chain guard from my parts guy. I would have used a metal one but this bike part is really hard to find here.
2. Test mounted it.
3. Used some bolts as a mock up. This would be swapped later with some adapter, probably a small metal pipe or maybe change the whole clamp set up to something less bulky.
4. Ooooops, no clearance!
5. Fixed the clearance issue by trimming and a little shaving with a knife.
6. Did some more shaving for more clearance, some wet sanding then spraying it with primer.
chainguard.jpg

I finally decided to change the chainguard bracket because it's beginning to be an eyesore. So, I steal CRASH's idea! Sorry man :D. It's an alloy plate for mounting stuff (I guess) which I got from a motorcycle parts shop.
IMG_20140926_150335.jpg

IMG_20140926_150250.jpg

Also yesterday, I was able to get my re-upholstered saddle from a shop that does car cover seats to match a pair of grips I got previously. Then created a mount for my rear reflector using the same material I used for the chainguard bracket that goes on the sissy bar.
IMG_20140926_160903.jpg

IMG_20140926_175159.jpg

That's it for me this week :)

Last edited:
That seat is killer!!!
Great build!

Back