(MBBO Class 1) Space Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking bike Jaxon. With Muscle Bikes, I am used to seeing the angle of the seat post and the angle of the sissy bar very close to identical. I almost think that could have been accomplished with the front mount reversed to the front and some triangle brackets bolted to the sissy bar to get the seat moved out of the bar 3 or 4 inches.

Here is a pic of one of those long seats on a Spaceliner. I didn't like how it sticks through the sissy bar.

I like the skateboard idea better.
THAT's the chainguard I want... what's it from?

Carl. :android:

You know there's a guy here does solid seat posts... your design, your size and angle... over in the for sale thread.

spaceliner huh? flightliner is different yeah?

Carl.

spaceliner huh? flightliner is different yeah?

Carl.

The spaceliner had 2 different guards.
The one like I'm using (easier to find) and the one above. Not sure what year or whatever they changed.
I'd rather have the other one too but I'm using what I have.

Well if I find one I'll kno where to send it...

Carl. :android:
Lol thanks.

Tried to get out and work a bit today but too warm & humid for me (been a lot of rain here lately) and I started feeling sick in a hurry.
Maybe I can get something done on the other build as its inside (only reason small bikes are better lol)

Don't think I didn't try to fix it. Spent a lot of time trying but its bent in a few places and one spot worse than the rest.
Not a huge loss or anything as I got the rd, freewheel, & spoke protector for free; 2 good of 3 isn't bad.

I've got my Schwinn GT 100 on it in the last couple pics with testing that painted fender.
Well, if you want to donate it to me, I'm sure I could use some parts to bring a couple others back to life. :)

So right as I hit send on the last reply there was a knock on my door.
A package from Big Ape yeppie!
Time to check out the goods.
3f11734345f768079a874d10a05d81b7.jpg

This vinyl is gorgeous the pic doesn't do it justice.

Thanks again @Big Ape

Glad you are happy with it! I can't wait to see this bike built. I might have to shamelessly build a clone from my Foremost.

Thanks I'm trying like crazy to get as much as I can figured out fast because I need to get paint done before it gets too cold.

So right as I hit send on the last reply there was a knock on my door.
A package from Big Ape yeppie!
Time to check out the goods.
3f11734345f768079a874d10a05d81b7.jpg

This vinyl is gorgeous the pic doesn't do it justice.

Thanks again @Big Ape
I went to the fabric store today they was no glitter to be found in the vinyl section but I did pic up a piece of black that looks good got it because it was almost gone but probably will not use it they had plenty colors but just don't know my paint color yet

No progress.
I spent my day following leads on parts for both builds.
I did get a number of a guy to contact tomorrow that has a dismantled Fair Lady that was going to go threw it for his grand daughter but only got as far as taking it apart & now wants to sell it.
Also brought home a stray
e92e2a1ec417e47d14aee708080f44a3.jpg

Back