MBBO Class 2 - ALiEN FiRE - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kinds of aliens out there...
Mines hanging from the rafters in my garage now.
That's my work stand. o_O
Installed my chain, set the derailleur and the rim brake.
Seat came together today,
and I padded the battery pack stashed in a metal box.
The plan is to suspend it in the sissy like a head rest...
Probably get all the assembly done tomorrow.
It's dark side of the moon cold out...
(well maybe not THAT cold...)
Haven't shifted to my indoor basement shop yet either.

Carl. :android:

Good idea Luke, and thanks for everything here on this build off. But...the housing on the light bar itself is cracked. Wasn't made for a bike. So it has to come off... I will be putting the laser tail light on today and trying to get some pics. I also got the battery box disguised as a seat rest on last night. Future plans include the generator battery charger, just not for now. Swapped out the cheesie purple grips for some black Roadmaster grips, she was a Roadmaster originally... reminding me of another "yet"... I didn't find a good Roadmaster headbadge...yet...

Last edited:
This bike is awesome. It's like it is made to be flipped looks perfect with the big and little wheels. It's good to see this bike done watched it all the way and enjoyed it all! Good luck!

This build nails the muscle bike theme to me. Awesome job Carl, you got one of my votes.

This build nails the muscle bike theme to me. Awesome job Carl, you got one of my votes.
Thanks KingFish, too bad more folks don't see it that way. Actually my builds usually land just shy of the halfway mark. I suppose they're a little too weird, plexi glass, vacuum tubes, brass cymbals and plasma balls don't exactly belong on bikes. Maybe it's the mediocre pictures, I don't know. I feel a bit underwhelmed. The creativity spent isn't reflected, so I try not to dwell on it and jump into the next Build Off. Hope to see you in the WBO.

Carl.

Thanks KingFish, too bad more folks don't see it that way. Actually my builds usually land just shy of the halfway mark. I suppose they're a little too weird, plexi glass, vacuum tubes, brass cymbals and plasma balls don't exactly belong on bikes. Maybe it's the mediocre pictures, I don't know. I feel a bit underwhelmed. The creativity spent isn't reflected, so I try not to dwell on it and jump into the next Build Off. Hope to see you in the WBO.

Carl.
Why are you beating yourself up I thought your bike was the coolest thing ever your a pioneer in this whole Ratrod thing who else ever thought to use a frame upside down and have it turn into a ...... ride when it started life as a "girls" bike and the upside down bars totally went with the look you were going for I think that your bike is just simply genius I can't wait to see your next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why are you beating yourself up I thought your bike was the coolest thing ever your a pioneer in this whole Ratrod thing who else ever thought to use a frame upside down and have it turn into a ...... ride when it started life as a "girls" bike and the upside down bars totally went with the look you were going for I think that your bike is just simply genius I can't wait to see your next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funkme last year ;)... but yeah I'm ok... The only bike got more views than mine was Luke's, woohoo :). I'm really happy with it and it's all mine. It's the stupid voting that just gets in my head o_O... You know what? I'm a carpenter with more hammers in my tool chest than wrenches. I also spend more time goofin' off than building, and I get ideas I haven't a clue how to do, so here I am, a crazy bike hacker...

Carl , your bike is awesome , I would have never thought about flipping a bike upside down for a build , that is just plain cool , you got one of my votes for it and don't let the voting thing get you down its just all for fun , I wanted to get on the calendar in the worst way but came up way short , all we can do is pick our self up and move on to the next build and keep on having fun

Latest posts

Back