Memorial Day Bike Camping- Rails to Trails(PICS&VID)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going with a couple of my friends and twin brother on a bike camping trip. We will be traveling the Weiser River Trail- a Rail to Trails project. It is about 85 miles long and we plan on doing it in 2 days. I am taking the trusty steed and others are either using panniers or Bob trailers.

Our itinerary- http://sites.google.com/a/flavorsonion. ... -trip/Home
Weiser River Trail- http://www.weiserrivertrail.org/

0213091221a.jpg

Re: Memorial Day Bike Camping- Rails to Trails

Sounds like fun...bring back photos!!! :D

Lots of photos!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We should have plenty of time for pictures. I have never biked 40 miles in one day- I know most of my body will be fine. I have a feeling I will learn what "saddle sore" is.

throw one of those gel covers on your Brooks! :mrgreen:

I think that would be the ultimate Faux Pas. :wink: But I do have a neoprene cover for rain that I might put on it for a change of pace.

Sounds like a great time. Don't think I've heard of that rail-to-trail. Would like to hear how it is. Take your time and make frequent stops. 40 in a day won't be bad. I think that's probably ideal. I think the most we've done on a rail-to-trail in a day is 75. That's no fun because we were pushing afraid we wouldn't finish by dark and it leaves no time for sight seeing.
Cman I still strongly urge you to ride the Route Of The Hiawatha someday. Awesome!

aka_locojoe said:
Sounds like a great time. Don't think I've heard of that rail-to-trail. Would like to hear how it is. Take your time and make frequent stops. 40 in a day won't be bad. I think that's probably ideal. I think the most we've done on a rail-to-trail in a day is 75. That's no fun because we were pushing afraid we wouldn't finish by dark and it leaves no time for sight seeing.
Cman I still strongly urge you to ride the Route Of The Hiawatha someday. Awesome!

Thanks for the insight......I get to ride Hiawatha in 2 weeks. 8)

cman said:
I get to ride Hiawatha in 2 weeks. 8)
Cool deal! Probably my favorite rail-to-trail. We've ridden it twice. If riding one way I suggest starting in Montana and riding down towards Wallace. If riding out and back I'd start at the Wallace end and get the uphill over with first. Oh and be sure to bring a really good headlight.
You know the Trail of the Coeur D'Alenes is another nice trail and near by if you have time.

Sorry to veer off course here.

We will be starting at the top. My kids and others will be with us. Probably have to rent a few lights.

0213091221a.jpg

That's one awesome rack! 8) And what is that post off the back of the seatpost? And a center stand too! Sick! :mrgreen:

We had a blast on this ride. Definately something that we will repeat. The upper 10 miles went fast as it came out of the mountains. We stopped lots for pictures and fun. Saturday night it rained lots but we stayed dry. Here are a few pictures and vid of the ones I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaO4ILF4ukY

Start of the trail at Evergreen Campground
CIMG1513.jpg

Crossing under Highway 95
CIMG1522.jpg

CIMG1537.jpg

Goodrich School
CIMG1570.jpg

Road to the campsite.
CIMG1578.jpg

View from Camp
CIMG1583.jpg

CIMG1622.jpg

Tad's Wipeout.
CIMG1631.jpg

Break in the afternoon.
CIMG1640.jpg

Flat repair
CIMG1645.jpg

Dirt tan.
CIMG1649.jpg

bikeriderx said:
0213091221a.jpg

That's one awesome rack! 8) And what is that post off the back of the seatpost? And a center stand too! Sick! :mrgreen:

If you get time....Great pics! The video is cool too! I hope Tad is o.k....

I be officially JEALOUS.

Thanks for the comments. Should have a video made with pictures and videos from all four camera's this week.

Bikeriderx- The handle is for my kids when they ride on the back. I is a threadless stem that had been extended. The frame extension is called an Xtracycle. Very versitle. Here it is in wood hauling mode from this trip.

JTA_2170.jpg

A few more pics that my brother took. He has some gucci camera and shoots great photos.

Loading up the trailer
JTA_2130.jpg

Artsy photo of my Budda biking Buddy.
JTA_2138.jpg

Dropping off a truck at the bottom.
JTA_2158.jpg

Cool lighting after the storm.
JTA_2272.jpg

Man! It looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for the pics!
P.s. Save a "PBR" for me! :mrgreen:

fantastic. I like the dirt tan photo; funny.

Back