Memory Lane Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hadn't bought a bike since the Firestone Super Cruiser back in the spring. Things have been crazy busy over the summer and my vintage bike hobby took a back seat....I ran up to the Memory Lane show today and picked up a few projects. I also picked up parts of a donor fork with nicer chrome. I still need a nicer set of trusses though.

I've always liked the styling on the Shelbys, so I think this '53 will be my winter project....

53_shelby1.jpg

53_shelby2.jpg

Also found this rat Shelby. It has a ton of cool pieces and parts. The frame has a reweld at the bottom of the tank, but it is hardly noticeable when the tank is on. I thought it had a killer chainguard. I think I'll end up stripping this one down and parting it out. The fenders aren't original

mml2013_1.jpg

Thought this "trunk" was crazy cool. It says "PICK-R" on the other side and "ROT ROD" on the top!
mml2013_2.jpg

Loving this Delta light. I am guessing it works.
mml2013_3.jpg

A Delta Lark light? I have never seen one. It was painted on top, but is in super nice shape.
mml2013_4.jpg

mml2013_5.jpg

mml2013_6.jpg

Awesome old pedals and a really nice skiptooth chain
mml2013_7.jpg

and this gets the oddball award. It is a 28" motobike with a 26" Shockease fork. The fork looks complete, but I am not sure how it works and if it works. I figure I'll take it apart and check it out. The headbadge is gone on the frame, but it is a nice looking frame. Need to figure out what it is. Look for these in the "For Sale" forum real soon.

mml2013_8.jpg

mml2013_9.jpg

Great finds Terry....as always, I'm sure you will build some amazing bikes from these.

That Shelby already looks like you're treatment style. :wink:

Latest posts

Back