Menacing Air Force Bomber or Comfy Airstream Trailer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tater

E I E I O
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
--You decide

Hey guys,
I just thought I’d post some pics of an aluminum Felt cruiser I’ve been assembling from parts acquired from a fellow RRB member and the wonderful world of the Internet. I still have to do some sort of nose art and ancillary graphics on it, but it’s looking pretty good as is and I may leave it that way.

Anyway, the rundown on the stuff used to put it together is as follows:
· The frame is a Felt Speedway frame that I stripped, sanded and riveted with brazier rivets.
· Fork is from a Felt Vintage Iron cruiser. I stripped the paint from it and cut 2.75” off of the length.
· Wheels are Felt 24”x50mm and tires are Felt Thick Bricks
· Saddle is a Brooks model 33 and the grips are also Brooks
· Chainguard is constructed from 1x.125 aluminum flatbar using the original mounting bracket.
· Fenders are Electra stubbies
· Headlight is a 4” tractor/utility light modified with LEDs
· Handelebars are Dimension Superwide Sweep cruisers
· Stem is a Primo Casket and headset is an FSA Orbit ZS zero stack
· Pedals, crank and sprocket are stock Felt cruiser parts

Let me know what you think of it and I welcome constructive critique.

LINK TO MORE PICS: http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/taterps/Hi There/

DSC04939.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

Well, if your not going to add a rack and luggage and go camping on it, I'd go with the aircraft idea, maybe something a little "sportier" than a bomber. Very nice, quality appearance. 8)

personally....i wouldnt add graphics of any kind! 8) that bike looks perfect as it sits. the rivets and color choices are on the money! :D one of the better felts ive ever seen.

Hey guys, thanks for the complements, insight and opinions.

Deorman, I really like your idea to do something sporty like that mustang. If I do the graphics, I’ll probably do something along those lines.

Texasbijon and X-RAY, I can see where you are coming from. It’s usually easy for me to know when to stop fiddling with a design and this one is screaming “Stick a fork in it, IT”S DONE” We’ll have to see if my ADD will let me do that. :mrgreen:

HOLY COW! :shock:
That is just too freakin' cool.
...and yes, folks, I do believe that I have my new favourite bike of the new year! 8)

rydr1 said:
Man, that is SWEET!

You got this thing done quick.

is that the front brake hub from the Vintage iron?

That’s the drum brake wheel off of my Lemans cruiser. The Lemans is rolling on the Vintage Iron wheelset for the time being. I know,I know, I must feel some sort of shame for making my kids wear each others shoes. :mrgreen:

mikesbikes36 said:
that is very awsome .....i like it as is !!! but its ur ride u do what u want !!! could we get a few more pics ...mayb some close ups ??? MIKE

Mike, click on the link below for a gallery of pics that have a few close-up shots of the bike. If there is a particular close-up you would like, let me know and I’ll be glad post it for you.

LINK TO PICS:
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/taterps/Hi There/

If you go with the aircraft theme, some zinc chromate green in a few select areas would be cool,
like the undersides of the fenders and inner surface of the chainguard. Oh, and you should put a
Brooks B-17 saddle on it ;)
I really like the chainguard and sprocket combination in particular.

Bill

Back