Mens Sterling Custom deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needed to replace my colorflow not as flashy but kinda cool and big. Any input on what it may be missing or year etc. Going to need new wheels and truss bars and i think a drop stand. Thanks for looking
DSC07045.jpg

DSC07046.jpg

Cool bike! Chainguard is awesome! Can't help you with any of the details though. Great Find! 8)

Tanksalot is that the original seat? Cany get me a measurement on your truss bars maybe a closer pic thanks . any other input

.. My seat is original for my bike to the best of my knowledge its been on it since I got the bike from the original owners son. With that being said Columbia used different seats on different model bikes during the same time period..
My truss rods are not original. They are correct for the womans version of the same bike & they are longer.
But ,They are easy to be converted to use on men's bikes .All you need to do is put the new Mens axle mounting point in a vise clamp it just enough so you can drill it out .
Then cut off extra length at the ends if desired & grind the end round & smooth.( I didnt cut mine I left the extra length if you look closely at the photo you can see a glass reflector at the old woman's axle point.) Also as far as a drop stand goes look under your kick stand mount if theres no wear at all from a kick stand at all then it may have been a drop stand bike. I like the green combo on you bike I believe that is a pretty rare color combo. I hope this helps ...

Back