mercury Pacemaker mens project (weekly update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys this is going to be a weekly update build. I started of with this girls bike that I bought locally and from ratrod, thecabe and ebay I found the other parts within a week. Heres what I have so far.

Thanks to (509clunk) from ratrod for the mens pacemaker frame.
Thanks to (vintage velo) from thecabe for the awesome stem.
Thanks to (then8j) from thecabe for the mens head shroud.
The other two parts I have gotten over ebay.
If you have a mens tank, stewart warner floating hub or mens seat please pm me and help out on this project build!
Nick.
attachment-12_zpsf1401683.jpg

2013-01-27_13-00-07_969_zps359f479f.jpg

attachment-1-3_zps5d89429c.jpg

-1-4_zpse2c5bb20.jpg

T2eC16Rw0E9szNYheoBQ3CTOk7Q60_57_zps9ae74aaa.jpg

KGrHqViMFDhmqS8BRBSNdqR960_57_zpse03c044d.jpg

Re: mercury Pacemaker mens project.

Dang I was worried it would take you forever to find that head shroud!! Is it a repop or OG??

Re: mercury Pacemaker mens project.

Rockit! said:
Dang I was worried it would take you forever to find that head shroud!! Is it a repop or OG??
It a really well done resign repop but still very few of the repops out there as well.
And ye of little faith :mrgreen:

Nick.

Although that stem looks like a perfect match to the Pacemaker’s styling, it is not a Pacemaker stem or a stock piece for a Pacemaker restoration if that is your intent. Those stems were used on Snyder built Hawthornes produced circa 1941 and probably were a product of the Harris conglomerate.

rms37 said:
Although that stem looks like a perfect match to the Pacemaker’s styling, it is not a Pacemaker stem or a stock piece for a Pacemaker restoration if that is your intent. Those stems were used on Snyder built Hawthornes produced circa 1941 and probably were a product of the Harris conglomerate.
I know its not right it just looks awesome.

I agree that it is a complementary design to the Mercury shroud etc., but labeling it a pacemaker stem opens the door to misinterpretation for those that don’t know. I wouldn’t bother to post on this but I’m following your suit (Re: Monark/Hawthorne) on adding information for general historic clarity which some will likely find useful.

rms37 said:
I agree that it is a complementary design to the Mercury shroud etc., but labeling it a pacemaker stem opens the door to misinterpretation for those that don’t know. I wouldn’t bother to post on this but I’m following your suit (Re: Monark/Hawthorne) on adding information for general historic clarity which some will likely find useful.
Yeah I thought at first that the stem was for a deluxe pacemaker but il take it off and edit it.
Any Idea which racks are correct?

I see it now :lol: It even cooler than you described
Looking forward to your build!
It was good seeing you and your Mom at the swap meet today
Are your going to switch out that uber cool old aluminum stem you found?

MplsCoaster said:
I see it now :lol: It even cooler than you described
Looking forward to your build!
It was good seeing you and your Mom at the swap meet today
Are your going to switch out that uber cool old aluminum stem you found?
It depends, The stem I bought for it the handle bars wont fit in the stem. so I
might end up using the huffman aluminum stem.

P.s. the update is every Tuesday.

UPDATE

IT LIVES!!! here is the update on the build just tore down the girls and put the parts on the boys.
Hoping to get it into paint soon but waiting for the tank to come in about a week or so.
Pacemakertogether4_zpsdd0cd7f9.jpg

Pacemakertogether3_zps196a9a59.jpg

Pacemakertogether2_zps7e4724e2.jpg

Pacemakertogether1_zpsd0fca91c.jpg

Back