Merida Silver?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently come into possession of an older road bike, from what I have gathered maybe from late 60s or 70s. I have been unable to find any information on this bike online any where. Does anybody here know anything about this bike? As far as I know, everything is original except for the rear brake cable. I have a few photos which are kind of grainy, but hopefully they help.

IMG000017.jpg

IMG000019.jpg

IMG000024.jpg

IMG000020.jpg

IMG000022.jpg

IMG000023.jpg

IMG000023.jpg

IMG000026.jpg

In the last image, the sticker says "Hi-Tension Steel 27" with the Merida logo in the center

Hope somebody knows something! I love this bike dearly and would just like to know something about it. Thanks in advance!

Moving to fresh finds.

Hard to see much detail but looks to be a lower end bike from the 80's . Hi-Ten steel is not high end frame material.

If you like, don't worry and just ride it.

Clamp-on stops and cotter cranks make me think it might be a little older, I.E. 60's-70's as per 1rst guess. Entry level steel bikes withstand abuse better than flyweights, enjoy! :wink: I think it may be Nishiki based, not sure.

it's hard to tell from yer pix, but if that is aleather saddle it just may be the keeper.

Hey there,

I recently came into possession of another Merida Silver bike. When I look them up it seems they're a taiwan-based bike company that started in the early 70s. However, I'm not sure this is the same Merida... it's possible. Also I noticed my brakes were "dragon" are yours also? Handlebars and other parts say SunTour. Guy at the bike place suggested it was a Mexican frame, and I have been to a place in Mexico called Merida.. but that could be a big coincidence. I too am curious about it and I'm wondering if you ever found any more info? Thanks. As soon as I get my camera back I'll post a photo. Also got the sticker that says Hi-Tension steel 27.

Latest posts

Back