Messing about with Bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol nott'in too fancy to chop. the bars on sensor's "ol'gramps" are truvative 31.8 dh bars. i also sold a set of carbon monkey lite mtb bars to another guy for his boardtracker and he was going to chop them down as well :mrgreen: but on your bike i do really dig the apes cool seat too is that a brooks? looks like a b33 but i have never seen one with black springs.

karfer67 said:
lol nott'in too fancy to chop. the bars on sensor's "ol'gramps" are truvative 31.8 dh bars. i also sold a set of carbon monkey lite mtb bars to another guy for his boardtracker and he was going to chop them down as well :mrgreen: but on your bike i do really dig the apes cool seat too is that a brooks? looks like a b33 but i have never seen one with black springs.

Maybe it's OK to cut up a $90 set of bars for a $75 bicycle for some, but being a broke-... self-employed guy means I only cut up cheap stuff! The seat is a new Lepper seat I got off Ebay several years ago-I think I paid about 1/2 what a Brooks seat was selling for. I like the seat a lot, but it's coming off of this bike and going on another...got plans for it and a certain frame/fork/bar combo once I get around to it.

i think you should use the apes and send me the flat track bars- pm me for my mailing address-LOL

armandgil said:
I think the motorcycle bars go better with the fork and grippy tires. What kind of seat are you switching to?

I'm trying to find an older spring seat with a metal pan so I can do a mexican blanket seat cover, or I may cover with tooled leather. All the seats I have around here are plastic except an old persons banana seat though.

A kool old seat on a bent seatpost, keep it low and back 4 or 5 inches. With the Apes, set for comfort........a 2-speed kickback........a 24x3........It's Xmas isn't it. Dangerous Dan

still saying original bars flipped and bobbed about 4". theres tons of the stock wald bars for those things that sell for about 10-15$. ditch the seat post clamp it to the seat tube itself and there ya go. but, i guess if you like the apes go for it.....might even sell ya a pair that i wont use anymore :mrgreen:

I like the flip stock look.....But I too find it hard to ride (if you have to do a panic turn you are in big do do)

I found it much better with the bobber style bars

CHP%204020%20ClubmanBar%20Dwn_small.jpg

I also changed the stem to a mountain bike style so that I could move the bars forward and give myself more room

Just an idea :wink: sorry no pics right now

hehe........one of my creations,of which I no longer have :( had small ape hangers on it (about ten inches tall) and they were flipped upside down....man that was fun, a "wee-bit" dangerious but fun, the worst part about it was it took you "half a block" to turn.

Heres mine but one thing, remember to make sure the bars fit your stem ! :x The apes are 7/8" and the others are 1'' so I had to shimmy them not so easy.

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Bars to the stars with the sprung seat. I mean its obvious! :)
Hugo said:
Did you all notice that the first replies to this thread were EACH ONE of the handlebar choices followed by "no question about it"? :lol: :lol: :lol: So, we all agree: no question about it!

Hugo
Gotta love this site, all the advice makes customizing decisions nearly automatic!

wrap the bars w/ electrical tape for a shim.. works for me.. how many jumps or wheelies are you doing on crusiers? probably not too many until you get a couple in you and then hey is it really the shim thats your problem :) or i used some of pipe hanger metal that comes on a roll w/ a ton of holes in it.

nice ride like the color and apes are cool make you feel like a bad ...

here's something different, flip the apes upside down, make a knuckle-dragger! Hehe
Hey, it's different! You'll be the first to do it, maybe? 8)

Dig'n those flat trackers here too!! M M Mmmm. Looks like you can unbolt the cross bar, tried flip'n em ?

Back