Metal Supermarkets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you guys dealt with Metal Supermarkets to obtain tubing? We have one nearby and I have never been there, but I need tubing for the frame mods of the big wheel project. I wonder how large a quantity of stuff they make you buy.

And does any one know the dimension of the tubing I will need for a headtube that will use a 1" headset?

Thanks.

Scott

If the metal supermaket that I've been to in Lakewood WA is the same as the one you are going to, they don't have any purchase requirements. My dad and I use it all the time for sheet metal/tubing/whatever for hot rod builds. Great shop.

Thanks for the info.

I think it would be the same, they're a nationwide chain.

For standard tubing the metal supermarket is ok, no minimum purchase, but can be a little pricey. If you want a proper 1 inch head tube that will accept standard bearing cups you should probably go to a place like "Nova cycles" online store or Firebikes. Both these places have weld on head tubes. Nova cycles has a lot of great frame building supplies. Head tubes are more about the inside diameter, and that can get tricky. check out Nova cycles.

http://www.novacycles.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35

Back