Metalflake gun

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a touch up gun handle metalflake? If not what do you need for a mid sized flake? I've got some ideas but I've never mixed my own flake.I probably won't move on any of my ideas till down the road but I'd like to get some practice in, in the mean time.Thanks for any help. :mrgreen:

ExtraBlaze said:
Will a touch up gun handle metalflake? If not what do you need for a mid sized flake? I've got some ideas but I've never mixed my own flake.I probably won't move on any of my ideas till down the road but I'd like to get some practice in, in the mean time.Thanks for any help. :mrgreen:
are you going to shoot it dry or wet? What size flake? I've only used a 1.7 tip i think i'm not really sure but I'll check for you. I've sprayed some stuff but i still need to improve.
IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

heres how it looks in the sun
IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

The bigger the better.I'm looking to actually see flake (carnival style) rather than just look metalic but you probably need something special and spendy for that,huh?

Yeah,that would work Chimi.I'm not doing anything huge figured I'd start out with a helmet for the kid.I just got set up with a compressor, a small gun and an airbrush for some bike work.

special yes....spendy not too bad but a spot gun wont cut it......most are 1.0 needles and just wouldnt let anything through.......
ill try to find out what some people are using for the huge stuff if no one else knows for sure....

Super sweet.I haven't done any homework yet either but I knew you guys could point me in the right direction.Thanks :mrgreen: !

Roth flake is the only one I've looked into.Isn't that what you use?
Your stuff is extra cool by the way 8) .
I've used guns before but nothing crazy so I'll need to do some research and practice.Never had my own tools so I'm looking forward to hitting up more custom schemes.
Do you shoot your stuff dry or wet? Dry sound easier to get good at but does that mean different equipment also?

ExtraBlaze said:
Roth flake is the only one I've looked into.Isn't that what you use?
Your stuff is extra cool by the way 8) .
I've used guns before but nothing crazy so I'll need to do some research and practice.Never had my own tools so I'm looking forward to hitting up more custom schemes.
Yeah I've used roth flake but paint with pearl has some pretty sweet flakes at a good price.

Back