mexican food please...finished, name : CASUALIDAD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
I just moved with my girlfriend into a house with a huge basement(25' x 30') that is now turned into a workshop.

lately i was thinkering about I buying Steve's uncle stretch colson clone, But a good deal came up at canadian tire for a small welder, so i decided to buy one and start building my own bikes...

so my first welding project will be a burrito style bike..should be fun!... the official name will come later.
the welder
welder.jpg

the project
start.jpg
starting.jpg

Re: mexican food please

so here's where I am at after 1 day of work... welds are bnot nice ti look at but they seem strong ,for a first try I'm happy so far

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

(Freddie Prinze accent) Looking good! But you're parking in a no parking zone :D

my work today

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

right on!!!!

open a window though... welding fumes are bad!!!!

Upper Class White Trash said:
right on!!!!

open a window though... welding fumes are bad!!!!

yeah i know, i bought a good fan today, it clears out the fumes quickly..i'm planing on setting it up just above me with a somekind of piping to exit the fumes more quickly.

Rollin Double Sixes said:
I was thinking about getting one of those welders when they are on sale how do you like it's performance so far? I'm looking forward to the rest of this build. Nice work!

thanks for the positive comment

so far it seems to work fine..i would say i'm the one not good at it for now, i never welded before so i'm experimenting on this project...some welds are not nice looking at all....nothing that grinding cannot fix LOL! I have a few friends that have these welders and are very happy with it!

I did not do much this weekend.
setup cranks and chain to do a road test! very fun to ride!

the bike need some ajustements ,: build a chain guide for the lower part of the chain, and move the seat further back or mabe up a little.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0379-1.jpg

tartosuc said:
the bike need some ajustements ,: build a chain guide for the lower part of the chain, and move the seat further back or mabe up a little.

Do BOTH, to go further back, you're gonna have to go a little higher. Bike came out great! I know when your building, you think that the crank looks FAR from the seat, until you sit on it :lol: . I' ve got that same seat (I like em). Just a thought! Maybe spread the "springs" a little and have the rear tire go just between them :shock: . You MAY have to extend the bars or try reversing the neck (maybe a longer neck reversed)..........Either way, the bike looks COOL 8) the way it is! Nice job!

Ok so i worked a lot on the burrito in the past few days to finish it in time for the freakbike buildoff!

here's the result.:

paint
IMG_0428.jpg

wrenching on it
IMG_0429.jpg

first time out
IMG_0435.jpg

selft centering steering setup
powersteering.jpg

official buildoff finished pic
bikefinished.jpg

riding pic
ridingpic.jpg

an the sexy pic with my gilrfriend
sexypic.jpg

I enjoyed building this bike, it was my first experience in building a frame and welding...the bike is not perfect but i love it!

aka_locojoe said:
Great job!

So that self centering setup... is that factory or homemade thing? Never heard of such a thing.

its home made,

it s a simple bungee cord attach to the steering and the top tube, it helps keeping the wheel centered since the rake is so slack . There are real systems that exist for MTB and motorcycle called steering damper... I call mine the power steering LOL

Came out GREAT! The length and the lines of the frame look perfect!...Congratulations on you first scratch! 8)

thanks for the comments

So my bike took 3rd place in the 1st freakbike buildoff..i'm quite happy!

I did a few mods after the buildoff.: frame bag, taillight and reverse bars for better driving position...
latest005.jpg

Back