Michigan Guys and Gals!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bike show and Poker Run coming up on August 19th! Anyone wanna FREAK the town of Owosso?

Owassoride.jpg

They even have a Tim Hortons there, I'm about 1.5 hours from Owosso. I'll be going thru there Sun. on way to Milford (car show). AUg. 19 is day after the big deal here in greenville. I did a little freakbikin last weekend, National 24 hour challenge. It was real Hot, and I didn't do so good only 190 miles, I did do my last night loop on the big tire bike 7.5 miles took 45 min.
24hrbike.jpg

A Tim Hortons! I'm sold. Sounds like a great time, count me in...Kelly

Hey Michigan! AUGUST 19th! The fun officially starts at 10:00 a.m. at the House of Wheels bike shop. You guys wanna hook up around 9:00 at the MacDonalds just down the road from the bike place? We could Freak on down together!
Let us know what you think,
Chainy and Giggles

ratrodrob said:
so what exactly is this? sorry i'm new to this.

The House of Wheels in Owosso is putting on this event. Every year they put together a bike show and have a bike cruise of some type. We've never made it but from the past pics I've seen and the people I've talked to, it's sounds like a blast! It is a family oriented event so bring anyone and everyone! This is a free event and is open to the public.

RatRodRob, come on out if you can and as always ... I guarentee that I'll do something stupid! That right there is worth the "FREE" admissions price! :mrgreen:

The bike and mini bike show goes from 10:00 to 12:00 Noon.
The Poker Run is basiclly a 10 mile cruise (NOT A RACE) with spots along the way where each rider will get a playing card (or something similar) and at the end of the cruise there will be something for the best poker hand. At least that's how I remember them.

Here's the MacDonalds address for those of you who would like to meet up with Gig's and me. We'll be there around 9:00 a.m. and hang out until about 9:30 0r so. Then we'll head down to the House of Wheels for the caos!

Mac Donalds 601 W MAIN ST, OWOSSO, MI 48867-2609

It's just a block or two from the House of Wheels Bike Shop.

Again the House of Wheels is at:
814 W.Main st.
Owosso, Michigan 48867

Give Gigs or me a yell if you've got questions,
Chainy

ROLL CALL!

Who all is planning on going to this one? It would be cool to meet some of you rats from down south, theres getting to be quite a few of you guys and girls down there.

I'm in, Micky D's 9ish for cofee....Kelly

I think I'm in, but not till the noon start. I'll hang out afterward. I'll be PM'n somebody this week for details as to when and where to meet up. How big is this thing? Will we be able to catch up with each other?

Lefty

Lefty, looking forward to meeting you! This is the first time any of us FreakBikers are going to it, so I'm not sure how many they get. I think that 100 riders is not too much of an exageration, but it could be moror less. I know that there's a buttload of guys who ride every Sunday, in Flint, that are suppose to show, plus the townies turn out pretty good for the event.
The poster says the ride starts at 12:30 and goes til 2:00. If it's like most events it will probably start a little late. But you think you should be there by noon, so we should be set. We'll keep an eye out for ya!

The bike show and cruise both are at the House of Wheels, if your coming around noon, we should already be there. You won't be able to miss us! There will be FreakBike shirts on most of our group, Plus the best looking guys in all of bicycling (Kelly and Me) will be surrounded by our groupies!
As for the bike show, I would say probably 30 entrants, but again I don't know.

Everyone I've talked to that's done it in the past says it's a ball, so we should have a great time! Somewhere in this thread are the addresses so they can be map quested to get directions. The MacD's is just if you get there before 10:00, a bunch of us are gonna have MacTea and MacCrumpets before going to the shop.

See ya on the 19th!
Chainsaw

Yes we are a couple of very sexy men. Heres a picture of the two of us with the resident dwarf, Mathew at last years FYDO Pixie Cage Match.
Dickensride034.jpg

A couple more familiar faces.
Dickensride013.jpg

And this one is for you C.b. Bobby...Kelly
Dickensride014.jpg

I'll be riding my questionably trusty steed, lets just hope she stays together.
Angelicapeaceout030.jpg

And I'll be in a silver neon, also a questionably trusty steed. Flag me down if you see me.

See ya,
Lefty

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, one of these days you're gonna push C.B. Bobby over the edge and he's gonna paper cut ya!

I heard a rumor that Dirty Betsy maybe coming to Owosso!

Lefty and Hot Rod Charlie, Looking forward to meeting you guys! If you can't find us visually, just go towards the giggling sounds and you'll find my wife, Giggles. Also look for a Jolly Roger flag (pirate).

Just a few more days and we ride! :mrgreen:

Chainy

Back