Mid Night Run ( BO11 )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have legs like the hulk with all these fat @ss tire builds...
Frame looks great goes with the name you have chosen..
Its all in the gearing , they all pedal just like a normal 26" bike , stopping once you get them rolling is a whole different story , I am thinking disc brakes on both ends this time

The diamond tube will look stealth, the midnight run makes me think of the midnight sun from the military flights over the farm I lived on.
Is there a blinding LED conversion coming?
I will give out one clue on the Mid Night Run , ATF

Wow i thought i better get doing something on the bike as i am falling way behind all the others , so tonight i got the frame tacked together and put it on stilts so i could line it up to the rear tire just to see what i was working with , i think i am going to have to change the front down tube as it really wont flow with the front tire the way its setup now , so tomorrow morning i will go back out to the shop and redo that piece to get it to flow better , also have to go find me a rear fender to make work with this tire , lots of work and i better hurry up so i dont get left behind :39:
DSC02347.JPG
DSC02348.JPG
DSC02351.JPG

Looks good!

Do you recommend that tubing roller? I have looked at those from harbor freight and wondered if it would work good.
I like the tubing roller , they are worth the money , but if you get one your going to want to go to swagoffroad.com to get there dies , they come in every size you can think of and they even sell dies to roll flat stock on its edge , they even have a kit to turn it into a power roller which is my next move ,

I like the lines of that frame.
Gonna be fun seeing a diamond Kemp frame.

Looks like another great one in the works.

Wow i thought i better get doing something on the bike as i am falling way behind all the others

This cold rainy May weather has taken some of the wind out of my sails but I'm sure you'll knock this out in the usual fashion.

Well back to the shop today , I have to shorten this frame a little and lower the section in front of the back wheel , sometimes its good to sit back and look at what your building for a few days , my frame doesnt really match my drawing so its time to change things to get it closer to the picture , And i got something really cool in my mail box on friday from oddjob (Lee) , he sent me this flask to go along with my theme of a rolling still , cant say i have ever seen a flask this big ( 64 oz ) but i will find a place for it somewhere on the bike , thats what great about these build offs and this site , people see what your building and send you stuff that fits what your doing to help you make a better bike , hands down this is the best bicycle site on the web
DSC02358.JPG

Looks good Mr Kemp! Was that a 'soda pop' chaser for whatever you had in that flask last night? :bigsmile:
Excited to see where it ends up. And, with a rear tire that big, I'm not sure anything can be too oversized for this build! ;)

Back