Midcoast Rippin' Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is it for right now. It's running 24x3 pyramid chopper tires on the rear and a 26x1.95 cruiser tire on the front. It has a 3spd rear end but the linkage has some issues so right now I just put an acorn nut with a set screw in it on so I would be in third. The frame was welded together at a local shop, the only original parts are the head tube and the rear forks. I also had the seat reupholstered to match the bike. hope you guys like.

HPIM0306.jpg

HPIM0307.jpg

NEAT trike! So that second sprocket just turns in place with nothing holding it?.....Cool idea!

Thank you for all the compliments, and yes the sprocket just stays in place. It's there for a tensioner since i couldn't get the chain as tight as is should be.

WOW.I cant beleive that sproket dosent walk out of there...Thats a great idea if it works.

The sprocket doesn't walk out of the chain. The chain was about half a link short so you have the stretch the chain a little to make it fit. I got the idea from a local bike shop.

id like to see that thing in action! that sprocket just sittin there oughta look interesting while your riding :shock:

Great Trike! For some reason I want to stick some colored gels in that free sprocket, then rig up one of those small led clip-on lites to the frame -- like those old X-mas color wheels for the aluminum trees :)

The Heron said:
Great Trike! For some reason I want to stick some colored gels in that free sprocket, then rig up one of those small led clip-on lites to the frame -- like those old X-mas color wheels for the aluminum trees :)

that's a good idea might have to do that when i get done with my current build. and Beau, its mounted with the drop out's and then has a bolt through that little triangle thing in front of them. Once again thank you for all the comments guys.

that is freakin sweet man!!! i dont think ive ever seen a floating chainring like that before. ive seen alot of cool things on this site before but nothing like this!! i will definately be using this idea when i build a stretch bike.

Easy E

Back