Midnight Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a few pics of my first ground up build. It's a 1980 frame that I had powder coated and added some goodies to it.

It's rebirth starts with a nice stripping to check for rust damage.
Corvetteframe.jpg

Then I had the frame and original forks powder coated with a color called Misty Midnight. It's a midnight blue color with cobalt flake added to it. It looks almost black till the sun hits it.
IMG00080-20100508-1556.jpg

Here's the decals I purchased for it. I decided to make it a knockoff Corvette, since me and my father our both into Vette cars. :D
CorvetteDecals.jpg

Snagged the 44 tooth sprocket of my schwinn pro stock 3 bmx 20" bike, and the super long cranks(180mm) off my 24" bmx cruiser and installed a blue chain.
IMG00079-20100508-1555.jpg

Couple pics of the bike. Rideable, but not complete yet. Notice the big butt no stress schwinn seat. I found it at Wal-Mart for $10 thought it might look cool, but it's a little to wide for my skinny butt so it will probably go.
IMG00077-20100508-1554.jpg

IMG00078-20100508-1555.jpg

My 13 year old taking it for a test ride. Man this thing rides smoooooth!
IMG00082-20100508-1559.jpg

Now all I got to do is get the waterslide decals on, install the chain gaurd and purchase some black fenders and it should be a wrap.Hope you guys and gals like it and I'll update the post when the bikes complete..

Lovin' that colour. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Well applied the water slide decals last night. Man these things are a pain! Ended up ripping the very last one I was applying on the upper frame tube that says "schwinn" :x I'll probably end up getting a couple of the same decals to replace it, so if I mess it up again I still have more. The guy I bought them from sales them cheap and has free shipping, so no big deal.

Here's a couple pics of the chain gaurd with the decal applied.

IMG00084-20100513-1548.jpg

IMG00085-20100513-1548.jpg

The one thing I learned with from these water slide decals is patience, patience, patience ahhh crap it still ripped :mrgreen:
I'll take some pics of the decals on the bike today after work and post them up.

Thanks! My BMX bike is hating life right now because it was the donor for the cool sprocket. This cruiser is really easy to ride on flat ground and going up hills because I dropped 2 teeth in the front, from a 46 to a 44.

nice looking bike good job

Well got the decals and chainguard installed. Now all it needs is a set of creme colored Fat Franks to roll on and a brown leather seat instead of the schwinn no stress big butt seat. Not sure about the chaingaurd either, I kind of like the "Pant Leg Eater" style without the chaingaurd.
Midnightcomplete.jpg

It rides awesome! Quiet as heck no squeeks or noises at all while riding it.

Back