Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike... DONE! 9/22

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike!

This is looking good. What did you clean the hub with? It looks great.

You just gave my imagination a kickstart with that rear rack !!! Way cool in the style department already !!! Let me know if I can help with the build :wink:

Thanks guys!

its been kinda slow going, but I am getting there!!!

The hub... did the usual teardown, then it went for a bath in my solvent tank, using a variety of brushes helped clean the caked on grease out of every nook and cranny.

After the solvent... I hit the shiny parts with my bench grinder setup with a buffing wheel and a little rouge. does wonders on the chrome.

CCR... I really appreciate the offer, we pretty much have most of the parts we need so far. One of the local bike shops stepped up and donated a bunch of stuff, and between myself and the other local guys, we pretty much have everything else covered.

aka_locojoe donated a nice cruiser seat
450redrider donated the powdercoating
Udallcustombikes donated bits and pieces

Should have another update here soon showing the custom fork with a faux springer.

Update from 450redrider on the powdercoating....

581454_352414681514136_884327726_n.jpg

Looking really good! thanks again Cody for taking this on. 8)

Just got word from Axsepul that the headbadge is ready and coming my way....

MIDWESTBICYCLEFEST.jpg

Also picked up the frame, tank and rims from 450redrider tonight, looks even better in person!

HELP!

CCR said:
Let me know if I can help with the build :wink:

CCR, and everyone else.... kind of at a turning point, I have the chainguard ready and I just cant decide what direction to take as far as the final finish. Of course I want to paint the inside of the "exhaust" tip red, but other than that... Do I have the main part of it powdercoated with the wrinkle black? is that too much black? or go with some other color? maybe leave it bare metal with clearcoat?

I am also working on finishing up the fork, it will also be wrinkle black and the truss rods will be red.

Ratfink1962 said:
HELP!

CCR said:
Let me know if I can help with the build :wink:

CCR, and everyone else.... kind of at a turning point, I have the chainguard ready and I just cant decide what direction to take as far as the final finish. Of course I want to paint the inside of the "exhaust" tip red, but other than that... Do I have the main part of it powdercoated with the wrinkle black? is that too much black? or go with some other color? maybe leave it bare metal with clearcoat?

I am also working on finishing up the fork, it will also be wrinkle black and the truss rods will be red.
Black or bare.

Re: Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike! Fork done 9/14

Thats really going to be sharp! Here is an idea for the chainguard. Just gotta remember right foot forward when you hit the gas! Excuse my crummy cell video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_99fLPaZ7Q

XC204 said:
Thats really going to be sharp! Here is an idea for the chainguard. Just gotta remember right foot forward when you hit the gas! Excuse my crummy cell video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_99fLPaZ7Q

Oh Yeah!!! thats awesome!!!!

if it wasnt a raffle bike, I would seriously consider adding one of those.

Mitch, what if you did the chaingaurd in gloss black w/the red exhaust? and maybe some red lined (shadowed) white lettering at the front.

Re: Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike... DONE!

About a week to go!

The raffle bike is almost done, I have a few small details to tend to, but for the most part its a done deal.

401521_357461711009433_135302862_n.jpg

I will have Aka_locojoe take some finished pics since he is good at it.
Thanks for following along.

Back