Mike Wolfe vs Deep Six

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could be a tricky choice and one that comes down to preference as far as looks go.

The big differences are that the Red Wolfe is a 3 speed bike and has a steel frame and 26" wheels.

The Deep Six is a single speed bike with an aluminum frame and 24" wheels. The Thick Brick tires on this bike have a much chunkier appearance than what comes on the Red Wolfe.

I personally think they both look great, but I'd have to swap out the bars on the Deep Six because I don't like the huntched over riding position. That's a pretty easy fix. You can also have a Nexus hub laced into the Deep Six to give you multiple speeds, but then your investment starts going up.

Other than that, the frame geometry is the same and so is the seat. It probably just comes down to which one you prefer visually since they are priced the same.

I like the looks of both, but I could not get past having that rooster logo on a bike. That logo would look great in my mother-in-law's kitchen. ;)

You might also consider doing a nationwide search on Search Tempest to see who has a Felt Monster Energy Drink cruiser. Most of the folks that won these have no desire to keep them. They seem to be going for $300-$400 and many of them are still new in the box. You can contact them and then set up shipping via Bike Flights and email them the shipping label. All they have to do is slap the shipping label on the box and drop it off at a FedEx location near them.

bikes.jpg

Steve,

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but is what you have pictured above how a "stock" Monster Energy Felt comes? And does anyone know when (what year) did Monster first commission Felt on these (El Guapo?) frames? Thanks in advance for replies...

Back