mini hi wheel 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the second atempt at a hi wheel, the last one i made was cool but was to hard to ride when i had a cuppel in me. my last build lacked strenght so i will be adding gusets on this one! The front wheel came of a old schwin ten speed , and the rear wheel is a 10 inch wheel. i have ridden and built lots of tall bikes but i have trubel getting on the seat and riding due to the fact that i am a tall dwarf, so this bike will be desined for the little dude and the ladies. this is what i have so far,and please let me know what you would do to make it better!
IMG_20110125_202228.jpg

IMG_20110125_210947.jpg

will be watching

i got it pediling today! its fun to ride but slow, i need a better gear ratio. you really have to peddel a lot to get anywhere or just cruize slow but i will work on that one.
IMG_20110129_134831.jpg

i like how dangerous looking the no gussets on that uber long head tube looks :mrgreen:

i was scared my self! but i think it will be OK ,i hope !!! this was what i originally planed ,but decided to go against my better judgement ,ill test it out tomorrow with a jump through a ring of fire or something lol
IMG_20110127_201817.jpg

dash said:
i was scared my self! but i think it will be OK ,i hope !!! this was what i originally planed ,but decided to go against my better judgement ,ill test it out tomorrow with a jump through a ring of fire or something lol
IMG_20110127_201817.jpg
sounds like a good idea :mrgreen:

well its done for now! i will change the bars and seat and put a big head light eventuly and keep an eye out for a exercycle sprocket im thinking of lacing a 3 speed hub into the 12.5 inch wheel it might take a year to fuigure it out but it shure would be cool. has any one thought of geting a bunch of huge sprockets made? how many teeth are they?
IMG_20110201_164410.jpg

i went on a 2 mile ride and it was the longest 2 miles of my life! when your up hi and riding against the wind your body is like a parachute i didn't think of that when i left because i was riding with the wind but on the way back all up hill and strong wind in the face
IMG_20110201_162755.jpg

Back