Miss Behavin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
possibly, or a frame that someone chopped up just to use the rear wheel and triangle. Not sure how I would mend into the top tube, and the tube from the neck to the cranks, because those two are tapered. May have to just completely replace those. But if I can at least get 16 inches of the very bottom, oval tube, i can figure the rest out. At least the oval tube is the same diameter the whole way.

I built one of these a while back called Hooligan. when you stretch these out you can extend the bottom tube fairly easy,I found a BMX frame with the same size oval tubing and sectioned the length I wanted into the chopper.Now the top tube doesnt line up when you stretch it so I used a bottom tube from a old cruiser frame and it worked out well.Fireproof and his daughter made a really cool top tube on there Tribute to friends chopper! Ive put a couple hundred miles on mine and I really like it,Cant wait to see what you come up with! 8) :mrgreen:
bike-1.jpg
hooligansun.jpg

Have you found a Harley tire yet? If you go to any Harley dealer, just tell them what you are doing and they will let you look through the tires they are throwing away out back. Somewhere on my Fugsley thread, you will see some measurements I did with various Harley tires. I even picked up a couple of whitewall Harleys for my future chopper trike build.

Also check out the tire mounting rig that I used for Fugsley. It will save you a bunch of headaches.

You will still need a tube for the Harley tire. Not so much for inflation, but just to push the beads of the tire out against the rim. The Harley tires are rock hard, so be prepared for a rough ride. But the coolness factor is worth the ride.

Good luck.

kingfish254 said:
Have you found a Harley tire yet? If you go to any Harley dealer, just tell them what you are doing and they will let you look through the tires they are throwing away out back. Somewhere on my Fugsley thread, you will see some measurements I did with various Harley tires. I even picked up a couple of whitewall Harleys for my future chopper trike build.

Also check out the tire mounting rig that I used for Fugsley. It will save you a bunch of headaches.

You will still need a tube for the Harley tire. Not so much for inflation, but just to push the beads of the tire out against the rim. The Harley tires are rock hard, so be prepared for a rough ride. But the coolness factor is worth the ride.

Good luck.

I went to the Harley dealer and told them what I was doing. That's when I got the speach about them not being able to give out tires, because I could be lying and put it on a motorcycle, then if something happens because of the tire, they could get sued, bla, bla, bla, bla.....

So then I called another dealer (same owner) where the GM is a friend of mine. He says he will hook me up, but still waiting to hear back.

I was wondering about the harley tube. Thanks for pointing that out.

I also saw that it looks like you added some extensions on the rear brake levers to clear the tire. What did you use for that?

BikeBuilders said:
I went to the Harley dealer and told them what I was doing. That's when I got the speach about them not being able to give out tires, because I could be lying and put it on a motorcycle, then if something happens because of the tire, they could get sued, bla, bla, bla, bla.....

So then I called another dealer (same owner) where the GM is a friend of mine. He says he will hook me up, but still waiting to hear back.

I was wondering about the harley tube. Thanks for pointing that out.

I also saw that it looks like you added some extensions on the rear brake levers to clear the tire. What did you use for that?

You can always try looking around their dumpster, then they wouldn't be officially sanctioning it.

I got the brake lever extension idea from josh_from_ga in his OCC BOB build
(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44538&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bob&start=30#p438468 )

Basically just find a pair of donor brake levers and grind away a few bits and clamp them to the working brake levers with hose clamps.

BikeBuilders said:
That's what I thought you had used, I was just crossing my fingers in hopes you had used something that would be easier to get ahold of.

You can get any junker bike that has V brakes at the dump, thrift store, or yard sale.

You may not really need that 'flat tube 'for the bottom extension, a pair of round tubes welded in should do it, given the proper wall thickness, then weld on a top plate and do some body putty.

Back