Miss Prissy 4 Bar Hawthorne - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice quick , efficient work on the SKyrider Rat! Perfect mix of new paint and old patina. Those apes are huge!? Those are gorilla, I say, gorilla sized bars son!

Great frame& chain guard beautiful are deco style. And in true girl fashion she come back with glitter paint love it !!!! Hope works out well , I saw some of that the other day pretty cool if it works . I have a old Elgin i want to build for my wife I bet she would pick the glitter also .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be curious to see how that Glaze paint works out for you. I saw it on the shelf a few months back and thought......hmmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I think the glaze came out pretty good, it's kind of like a really thick clear coat. I'm going to try it on a few small parts before I give it my 5 star seal of approval. I will try to post a few pics later.

Painting, painting, painting.
I finally have the Frame and Fork painted.

Sparkly, like the wife wanted.

and the wheels are done.

Fenders got a couple coats of black.

and the chain guard.

And I wanted to do a lace painting on the fenders and chain guard. So I went back to BO10 archives and looked over how Jane Says did the fenders on the Hot fun in the summertime bike. I really liked the look so I thought I would give it a try.
I had the wife pick up a pair of tights with a unique pattern from the local Target.

Pulled over the fender and clipped.

Silver rattle can....

and the chainguard.

Man that is too cool! Can you pass on some hints on securing, painting (spray distance, heavy/light multi coats), dry time cues, lace removal, etc? Well done! Gotta try this sometime.

The paint looks awesome! Great job on the lace!:113:
Agreed, well done.
Oh yeah! Paint looks awesome!
That 4 bar frame is very cool too!

Luke.
Nice lace work and nice skyrider, Im using that same bike for my build off bike. I found out today my frame is chrome under the factory red

Thank you all, I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm quite pleased as to how the fenders turned out but I'm thinking of repainting the chainguard. I don't think the lace cooperated, not sure I want to strip it all back down and start over.

Man that is too cool! Can you pass on some hints on securing, painting (spray distance, heavy/light multi coats), dry time cues, lace removal, etc? Well done! Gotta try this sometime.
This was my first time with this, so I tried it first on an extra fender I had. I went with a rattle can that was fast drying and went with very light coats.

Awesome work with the lace paint!
Wow!
@Jane says would be proud.

Lace paint job came out way cool . Very nice work for the first time . The bike has a 60s-70s vibe . Some apes would look good on it not to tall thought [emoji1303]

Awesome work with the lace paint!
Wow!
@Jane says would be proud.
Lace paint job came out way cool . Very nice work for the first time . The bike has a 60s-70s vibe . Some apes would look good on it not to tall thought [emoji1303]
Wow that lace turned out incredible! Purple looks good too. Should be a sweet looking bike.
Thanks guys,
my chainguard is going to get stripped back to bare metal and get started all over. The lace was not held down tight to hold the pattern, so it looks soft. I will also try to do lace over back portion of my headlight. Fingers crossed I can get this to turn out without further issues.

I was attempting to fix the dent in this front portion of this headlight.

I was searching the home for something I could use to lightly hammer on and then I gave this a try.....

Okay...it didn't really work out...But give me your best bowling puns!

Maybe you should just look for a SPAIR cover & quite hammering the spin....

Well, sometimes it's hard to pin down the right technique on the first try. Maybe if you re-frame your approach you'll find the pocket this time around.

Latest posts

Back