STBO Mixte Feelings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissGuy

Professional Amateur Tinkerer
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Since about three weeks now I tried to pick up this frame. Today I finally made the two hours roundtrip on bike to get it home...
2f705ada-ba91-4102-b9b2-c5a001dd143e.jpg

8dbcddfb-9b2d-4dd8-abd5-a09d4897269c.jpg

I went there with to spare wheels...
IMG_20240920_173900965.jpg

When I came back home, it was dark already...
IMG_20240920_203603625.jpg

It's a nice Motobecane mixte frame, that's in need of some love (and grease). As there is a pretty close deadline (30th of September), I hope to get this one done quick. The bones seem to be good (ok the BB needs serious attention, as it barely moves). So I mostly need to clean it up, get some spare parts over from the campground stash, like handlebar, break levers, chainguard, but that's about all this bike probably needs. But the pick up at the campground might be the biggest problem, as the car is beyond repair, so I have to do everything by bike for the next few weeks. We will see...
Good thing is, that last week I scored a nice donor bike. The frame is heavy as heck, so it most probably will get tossed, but the wheelset and maybe some other parts will move over to the Motobecane frame.
IMG_20240915_162807164.jpg

The mixte looks like it was cannibalized for another bike, as it doesn't show any signs of abuse, the seat isn't scuffed and the fenders aren't dinged up. The BB might be good as is, just needs lube and adjustment, making it an easy task to cannibalize the donor bike.
canni.jpg

Latest posts

Back