Mod or Stock?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Phat Cycles 3 speed 26 Inch cruiser. I'm on the fence if I want to leave it stock or swap out some of the parts. Nothing crazy like chopping the frame or Krylon paint job. I'm thinking a new set of handle bars and a new seat.
If changing the parts will some how take away from the nostalgia then I won't touch it. If the bike is just another fancy beach cruiser then I won't feel bad about changing it a bit.
I know there are some purists out there that would think it blaspheme to even think of removing the original seat. Then there are others that wouldn't hesitate in swapping parts.
Just looking for advice and or opinions :)

All purists please raise your hand and be known

giphy.gif

I have a Phat Cycles 3 speed 26 Inch cruiser. I'm on the fence if I want to leave it stock or swap out some of the parts. Nothing crazy like chopping the frame or Krylon paint job. I'm thinking a new set of handle bars and a new seat.
If changing the parts will some how take away from the nostalgia then I won't touch it. If the bike is just another fancy beach cruiser then I won't feel bad about changing it a bit.
I know there are some purists out there that would think it blaspheme to even think of removing the original seat. Then there are others that wouldn't hesitate in swapping parts.
Just looking for advice and or opinions :)

Sometimes you have to swap parts to make a bike fit you better or for a more comfortable ride.

Latest posts

Back