Monarch Rusty Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so,
at the most recent Hurst swap meet, i picked up a monarch frame at the end of the day.
im not quite sure what im gonna call it, or what color im gonna paint it, but i got a mock-up of some parts i had lying around, and i think its gonna be nice.

heres the frame

100_0860 by battleheed, on Flickr

heres a view of the rear end,
i like that it has such a wide back end,
id really like to put a super wide back there

100_0861 by battleheed, on Flickr

and heres a preliminary mock-up,
ive got a couple different variations, mostly just different chain rings and a chain guard im thinking about putting on it.

100_0874 by battleheed, on Flickr

100_0873 by battleheed, on Flickr

100_0871 by battleheed, on Flickr

100_0866 by battleheed, on Flickr

so, i think id like to put a layback seatpost on it, like a lucky 7 or something.
maybe some fenders,
ive also got a set of cruiser bars, that while now theyre a bit long, are asking to be chopped by about 8 inches on each end.

oh,
and as you can see from the picture, my fiancée thinks i should get a bike stand for it. hehe

100_0870 by battleheed, on Flickr

ill keep you guys posted with any work ive got on it.
if you have any feedback, let me know

ENJOY!

That's my favorite stock frame from that era. It would EASILY hold a wide 24" rim with a 24 x 3 tire in the rear.
As far as color, I kinda like the funky pumpkin orange, I think Krylon makes one similar to it, accented with/cream might be cool.
Or just paint it black! :roll: :mrgreen:

Good luck on the build!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Re: Monarch Rusty Rod soon to be the funky pumpkin

bump

Latest posts

Back