monark built firestone barn find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok it's been a while since i have posted. here in illinois its been cold and snowy.i have had a few calls and getting some nice old finds so i thought i would post one and maybe some more later got this old firestone off a guy. had to drag it out of a loft in barn covered in dust and reflectors!!! it took a little time to remove some junk on the bike and replace a few things since the water hose was frozen up i went to town to the carwash and it turned out pretty good as i was washing off the years of dust i started to see a shine it seems like the frame was chromed i dont know if this was something that was original to the bike. i couldn't imagine anyone chroming it. i wonder if it should of been a tank bike like the deluxe monark????
neb001.jpg

neb013.jpg

neb014.jpg

Great bike, I like the firestone/monark cruisers

Cool! Lucky find. I really would like to find a chrome Monark some day. There was a chrome model originally, so I would be willing to guess that the chrome is more than likely original.

I think the chrome ones were called "super cruisers" ..? I'm not sure if that applied strictly to the chrome ones though, if at all. I could be wrong.

Nice find! I daydream all the time about finding one of those in a barn. My dream bike for sure. Good hunting. Brian

I also just got myself one of these, I forgot to mention it, though it costed alot due to shipping but I think it's worth it!. I will own two, other should be comming at the end of next week. hope you enjoy that ride!

Since your bike has a light and rack, I'd say it's 99% sure it had a tank at one time. You can get a nice repop tank for that bike from Maple Island Supply for $90. I just looked at them yesterday. I have one myself from them and it is really nice.
http://mapleislandsales.com/product_detail.php?ID=112

I'm in Findlay, IL near Lake Shelbyville. Where in Cent.IL are you located? Gary

Oh now somebody shows where to buy a tank I thought they where hard to get,

Nice find......big fender Monarks are one of my favorites. Heres a shot of mine as it sits........built from parts of 6 different bikes. Still need a chain guard for it.

nice find!! id keep that guys bike just the way it is, looks great. id love to get that bike.

Back