Monark....maybe ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this one today..... any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Re: Monarch....maybe ??

I recognize the Monarch (Monark?) fork, but I don't know enough about them to tell you about the rest of the bike. I have at least one of those sprockets, off a much newer bike, I think a Murray,but I could be wrong.

Monarch frame and fork. The oddly shaped elongated ear looking dropouts, the particular rear triangle (with odd single upper rear stay tube, similar to period Columbia frames) and particular lower bar curve are all signature Monarch elements. The sprocket is the same as I have seen used on some AMF bikes (and I want to say some Rollfasts, too). I think this frame was most often called the "Rocket".

I want to say that's a Snyder/Rollfast chainguard, and the short throw stem is from a ladies' bike. Otherwise, Monark with an AMF sprocket. ~Adam

Thanks for the replies. I thought the stem was unusual..... I have never seen one with only one bolt.

Does anyone know the range of years, when this frame/fork style was built?

Does anyone know the range of years, when this frame/fork style was built?
Frame style was used 46-56 or so, springer fork was used thru 1952, 53 up used a similar to Schwinn style springer. Usually there's an aluminum plate on the bottom bracket with the serial #, you can find out the year from that, if it's still there. ~Adam

a mutt... and i love it almost as much as its prev owner loved that color of blue. frame: i can say its not cwc, huffman or murray, perhaps monark, westfield/columbia. chainring: later 60's AMF fer sure. the same era's hp snyder hawthorne/rollfast models has a very similar 3spoke design to the amf's. fork: ??? but its really cool. bet ya the amf ring went on to convert it from a skiptooth drivetrain. est on year... 40's to early 50's???

roadmaster said:
i lean heavily towards westfield/columbia. if i'm wrong, then i'll say monark.

Definitely a Monark. there are a lot of similarities to a Westfield/Columbia but they never made a frame with that exact lower bar. Same frame as Hsean's green Monark.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19930

Back