Monark Monareta Tandem 1973 FINISCHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please go ahead.
I restored an English Raleigh that belonged to my paternal grandfather.

I also have a German rekord that belonged to my maternal grandfather.
this is also in the restoration queue.

I actually call it "Grandpa Bike" cause it looks, like typical countryside bicycle, ridden by a grandpa. The frameset is very old, just like the crankset & pedals, but it has a lot of mismatched parts from other bicycles (people would replace with anything they could find).

60159693_2067881629990474_2416152178990252032_o.jpg

After stripping all the paint I know it was originally black, wheels are from another bike, so are the fenders (with the German Sturmer emblem). There was no emblem on the front (only 72mm holes), the frame number was stamped by hand, and the crankset is signed with the MB3 factory from the Russian city of Minsk, but the frame doesn't have any of the characteristic parts with any of the old MB3 models... :confused: It is still a mystery what it was...

I actually call it "Grandpa Bike" cause it looks, like typical countryside bicycle, ridden by a grandpa. The frameset is very old, just like the crankset & pedals, but it has a lot of mismatched parts from other bicycles (people would replace with anything they could find).

60159693_2067881629990474_2416152178990252032_o.jpg

After stripping all the paint I know it was originally black, wheels are from another bike, so are the fenders (with the German Sturmer emblem). There was no emblem on the front (only 72mm holes), the frame number was stamped by hand, and the crankset is signed with the MB3 factory from the Russian city of Minsk, but the frame doesn't have any of the characteristic parts with any of the old MB3 models... :confused: It is still a mystery what it was...

it looks like a Görick

Grandpa has a loooooong neck!

The reason for the loooooooong frames was to mount an ammunition case when in war use:
rower-truppenfahrrad-durkopp-m1911-super-stan-wh.jpg

Many of German bicycle companies during wartime made their own Truppenfahhrad Military Bicycles.

it looks like a Görick

Was also thinking about something German from the WWII era. Will Google it up (especially the size of the emblem). Thanks!

Latest posts

Back