Monark muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New to forum/site. Came up on this bike, and looking for a little background info. I've seen huffy bikes that look similar on line, but was curious as to who built it? And roughly the years it may have been produced. I had to pick it up though, hopefully get my boy on it soon. I have the rest of it, 5 speed shift, rims, cables, bars, etc.
e91cc4d0.jpg

37565e7c.jpg

This color bike in 69 was a 3 speed. At least the Huffy badged ones were. Maybe Monark made it a 5 speed model. It is a kool find being Monark badged. Keep us posted on the rebuild.

that is awesome. i love these bikes!!!!!!!!! have fun buildind it for your boy and i hope he has a good time with it. i may have a couple of parts if you need them? :mrgreen:

That is an awesome find. I had one of these as a kid. Mine was purple. I want to say 1968 or 1969. They where 5 speeds and had a wood grain console shifter on the top bars of the frame.

JimK

since its rebadged monark, it is worth a lot more than just a huffy version. :D

if you eventually decide to sell, i have dibs! :)

It's looks like a complete bike, just completely apart. Hopefully get it assembled this weekend. I'll be sure to post pics and maybe get some input on whether pieces and parts are correct. Thanks for the help with info!

Veddy interrrresting! Huffy bought out Monark in late 1957. Seems they used the Monark name into the early-mid 60s, but haven't seen any past that. Until now! -Adam

I thought the Monark line was axed in '66?

ya it was but this is at least a 69! :shock:

Back