MONARK ROCKET...updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Here's my Rocket...house paint job and all.I've had it for awhile but I am just now taking pics and getting used to posting them.I added the taillight,wheel bell,seat,grips w/streamers (old),pedals,RocketRay and "POWERGLIDE" logo (old chevy).Plan to actually paint this one...
eventually...

100_1930.jpg

Re: MONARK ROCKET

I would not repaint that chain guard. Looks great with with the powerglide on it.

cman said:
I would not repaint that chain guard. Looks great with with the powerglide on it.

Thanx cman...but not to worry as the "PowerGlide" logo is actually a trim piece from an old chevy that I attached to the chaingaurd from behind.I can paint the chaingaurd then re-attach it...P 8)

Pappy, Very cool,the Rocket has been Pappyfied! Love the chain guard, the rear fender brace, tail-light. just the whole darn thing! Mark

Great call on the Power Glide emblem! I've got a font that's pretty similar, if you want to make any matching decals for the frame/tank.

If you want it, PM me your email address and I'll send it to ya!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Finally got my Monark springer repaired.Bought it at the Hayesville,KS. Swap (Thanx pick!) It was off a girls bike with a bent steer tube...aren't they all?!? So I removed the old steer tube COMPLETELY, brazed in a donor tube with about 3" of conveyor shaft,drilled & tapped for fender mounting, shoved up the bottom of the new steer tube to strengthen it so it will not bend again. Thanx to all who helped me with this part of the project...

100_2034.jpg

Still have to trim & re-tap the spring rods...

100_2035.jpg

Also finally got a Monark reflector (Thanx Sills & Clark!) & decided to go with a smaller Delta taillight...

100_2039.jpg

Later...P 8)

Thanx dogdart...BTW,still looking for a set of correct tanks for this one. I also will be putting on a set of the Monark "deep" fenders & a different headlight. I sold my '62 Schwinn American at the El Torreon swap so the Nexus 7 speed coaster will more than most likely end up on this project...P 8)

Latest posts

Back