Mongoose Dozer Cruiser build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find which size BB I need for my build. Frame shell width is 111mm but I’m only seeing BB on Amazon that are 68 or 73mm. Help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4625.jpeg
    IMG_4625.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4531.jpeg
    IMG_4531.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
All the BB I see for sale are even numbered, 100 and 120mm. Does the old BB have any numbers on it?

I don’t know the answer, but curiosity got the best of me and I just spent some time trying to figure this out.

There are a couple BBs with 110mm shells on this link. Do you know the spindle length? Why do you need a new BB?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803483476808.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

View attachment 268753

I am not positive this would work, but it is my best guess.
Thanks! I haven't measured the spindle yet but need to. Reason I'd like to replace is its the OEM and about 13 years old but could just grease it I guess. Stamped on the bottom of the shell is SNFD14027170 but not sure what all that stands for.

Got to work on the Dozer some the past two days, still have to adjust rear tire. Installed new chain, 46t chain wheel and a 22t rear and what a difference lol.

Attachments

• Mongoose Build 1.jpg
    Mongoose Build 1.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Mongoose Build 2.jpg
    Mongoose Build 2.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! I haven't measured the spindle yet but need to. Reason I'd like to replace is its the OEM and about 13 years old but could just grease it I guess. Stamped on the bottom of the shell is SNFD14027170 but not sure what all that stands for.
If it spins freely, I would leave it be. Those cartridge bottom brackets are generally considered non serviceable, but you can service them if needed. I have taken a few apart and regreased the bearings.

Definitely your best bet is to use the original as long as it's in good shape. Check the cones, races, and bearings for wear then grease and adjustment. Grease all the threads too.
Having an extra set is good too.

I had a Mongoose Beast when they first came out. The threads were terrible and it was hard to put it together. If yours spins easily and has no slop, I would squeeze grease into the cups and not even take it apart.

1073837_10151740989451737_405746020_o.jpg

Back