Mongoose Paver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently have been re-born into bicycles. I have a friend that is a die hard bicyer and he gtot me involved as a way to get back into shape.

*0 pounds ago I used to ride mountaiun bikes and have been riding the mountain bike on our bike trail. Well , it's a dog on pavement and it's plain to see that iI need another bike to ride conventionally. I don't want to alter the mountain bike as next year we're getting back to riding off road .

Now I know that the purists will shudder when I say, I was in WalMart today and seen a bicycle that caught my eye. It was a Mongoose Paver. It has :
7 speeds
rack on the back
looks comfortable " I know I need to try it on " .
28'' alloy wheels and tires for the pavement. Are replacement tires hard to get in this size ? Not used to seeing 28''.
Seat will have to go as I'm sure it won't fit my seat.

I was just wondering if any of you are familiar with this bike and if it's worth the *0 dollars their asking for it ?

I appreciate all honest input and advice.

Thx GoneGonzo

Shouldnt be a problem with tires. 700c tires are also called 28" tires sometimes. If in doubt check the bead seat diameter number on the tire. It should read 622mm.

I am not much in favor of Department store bikes. The prices and features look great. The components can be lacking and sometimes have to be replaced instead being fixed or tuned.

yep, i'd be lookin at your lbs for something. where i work at we have lots of what we call comfort bikes with 700 wheels, man some of em are real sweet, an the prices are good.

Outlaw 8)

i built bikes for walmart for years. the quality is really lacking i'm familiar with that particular bike i left walmart right around the time it was released i was impressed by it. keep in mind mongoose is owned by pacific now its not the same quality as the 80's and 90's mongeese. It's a good bike for the cost Is it still 129 or so? but you are getting what you pay for if you are going to just casually ride it on smooth roads you should be fine but if you plan on reguarly riding it you should check with your lbs. Plus most walmart assemblers are idiots, i worked in an actual bike shop before walmart, and i constantly had to travel to other local walmarts to pick up the assemblers slack. Today i stopped by one my gf is an assistant at and every bike i checked had loose bars

Latest posts

Back